Home General Discussion
Options

What is a good price?

New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
I've been on the lookout for some empty boxes at my BnM. He said he has them, but they go very quickly. What is a good price to pay for some empty boxes?

Comments

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was buying them they averaged $5 for a good box. The cardboard ones went for $2 or $3. Now, this was years ago.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Many B&Ms give away boxes. The one I used to frequent in Lake Charles kept them stacked by the door, they were first come, first serve and free. And just about shop I have ever been too gives you the box if you want it and buy the last few sticks out of it. That's how I got my Opus X box, bought the last 4 cigars they had and asked them if I could have the box as well. Same thing with my Fine and Rare box.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    They should be free. I know some sites will sell them for a couple bucks each online. Maybe check other B&M's.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoke more. Seriously, though PM to you.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think free is good. But don't ask to mooch at your local shop right off the bat. Offer to pay and maybe they'll let you have 'em for free anyway.

(PM @ Jay with a source. and a price.)
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Assuming you are looking for these for a coolidor project, the bigger issue is finding "good" boxes. Nub boxes aren't of much use except for nubs.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Thanks guys...PMs seen, will reply soon
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I get them free but the b&m charges $1 a box
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Im looking into them for decoritive/storage/cooler reasons. No rush, just trying to see what the norm is. mine said $5/ea
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Im looking into them for decoritive/storage/cooler reasons. No rush, just trying to see what the norm is. mine said $5/ea
    I'm pretty sure a lot of boxes get thrown out..so $5 seems like a ripoff.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I have seen them for a buck or two, wooden ones three bucks tops. I have also seen guys get them for free if they are regulars, or spending some more money 50+ dollars. Do you have a project you are working on ?
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    New Boots check your PM.
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    free is a good price, here at the few B&M's i know they always give away the box's, some time's i do to , but usually it cost to much to ship empty box's due to the size, it would be with shipping several box's the more box's the bigger the shipping box. last time i got a quote for like 6 box's squeezed in a shipping was something like $18 not because of the weight because the box was something like 15x15x15, so i ended up throwing them away,
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    I have seen them for a buck or two, wooden ones three bucks tops. I have also seen guys get them for free if they are regulars, or spending some more money 50+ dollars. Do you have a project you are working on ?
    Well, I want to test out maximizing my cooler storage. I also want some as decor on my bookshelf.
  • Options
    curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    New Boots:
    I've been on the lookout for some empty boxes at my BnM. He said he has them, but they go very quickly. What is a good price to pay for some empty boxes?
    My B&M has a good selection for $5 each or 3 for $10. Let me know if you are looking for a certain kind. I bought a few really nice Camacho boxes.
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    kaspera79:
    Well, I want to test out maximizing my cooler storage. I also want some as decor on my bookshelf.
    just MHO but if you want them as decor them buy the boxes full. The when they are on display they come with memories.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thing the "Superstore" I stop at once in a while sells them for $1. Never had a need, but now that I am getting into a cooler I keep thinking about them. I would think $5 is too much
  • Options
    Echambers:
    New Boots:
    kaspera79:
    just MHO but if you want them as decor them buy the boxes full. The when they are on display they come with memories.
    not sure i can convince the wife i need to drop $100+ on a box.......yet
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Echambers:
    New Boots:
    kaspera79:
    not sure i can convince the wife i need to drop $100+ on a box.......yet
    Hey, when you figure out how to connive her, I mean convince here, let us know.
    I've been working on how to convince her to let me buy things for a long time.
    Although, I have figured out that when she says I can buy something, I just keep buying until she gets pissed and tells me I can't buy anymore.

It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try looking for boxes that only have a couple sticks left in them. Buy those up and they will usually give you the box.