Home General Discussion
Options

Beatnic tribute smoke, herf, tribute vherf?

bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
Wondering if this would be appropriate for botls to find a smoke from beatnic, or smoke one of his favourites in his honour. Perhaps even a vherf on night to honour him? I believe that i still have a few that i will find in my cooler from a few years ago. Just a thought, as i am not sure what is appropriate given I believe it is the first known passing of an active member of our community. Please share your thoughts on this idea.

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearb:
    Wondering if this would be appropriate for botls to find a smoke from beatnic, or smoke one of his favourites in his honour. Perhaps even a vherf on night to honour him? I believe that i still have a few that i will find in my cooler from a few years ago. Just a thought, as i am not sure what is appropriate given I believe it is the first known passing of an active member of our community. Please share your thoughts on this idea.
    Shoots. I wish I'd have thought about this last night.
    I smoked the last AJ I got from him, last night in his honor.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    0patience:
    bearb:
    Shoots. I wish I'd have thought about this last night.
    I smoked the last AJ I got from him, last night in his honor.
    Perfect! Those are the exact sentiments that i had in mind. THanks for sharing.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    sounds great.

only issue is that google hangouts can only have 10 people in a room at a time. If we get enough people committed, I can create a few different rooms for people for that specific night, or if it is less than 15 i can use my google apps for education account and get 15 people on there at a time.
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I would love to b involved in any Herf dedicated to Rick, I still have a few smokes left from him.
  • Options
    Perhaps those of us with cigars from Rick can share what they are, so that others can have one, and keep him in there thoughts while they smoke it? If anyone knows of his 'favs' then that would also be great to honour him.
    Perhaps, post here, a few thoughts about rick that are special to you. Sort of concentrate them in one place. Then maybe we can provide a link to his son to know how he impacted us, and this place. Might help the family in the grieving process to know his impacts are far and wide.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    sounds great.

only issue is that google hangouts can only have 10 people in a room at a time. If we get enough people committed, I can create a few different rooms for people for that specific night, or if it is less than 15 i can use my google apps for education account and get 15 people on there at a time.
    Weds nights and Sunday nights are the best nights for me. I can probably work out a Friday or Saturday evening.
    Tuesday nights are out for me, as that is movie and pizza night and Momma won't compromise on that night. But she also knows this is important, so she'll work with me on it.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearb:
    Perhaps those of us with cigars from Rick can share what they are, so that others can have one, and keep him in there thoughts while they smoke it? If anyone knows of his 'favs' then that would also be great to honour him.
    Perhaps, post here, a few thoughts about rick that are special to you. Sort of concentrate them in one place. Then maybe we can provide a link to his son to know how he impacted us, and this place. Might help the family in the grieving process to know his impacts are far and wide.
    From Rick's Bio

In my box:
    AJ Fresh
    San Lotano Habano
    Pueblo Dominicano
    JDN Antano
    JDN Celebration
    Curivari, Elogi,

Wants:
    XXXs
    Anejos
    Mi Amores
    Ashton ESG
    Padron
    Davidoff
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When we last talked to him, he was happy about his box of Anejos
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    When we last talked to him, he was happy about his box of Anejos
    Can't complain about an Arturo Fuento. If I can track one down in the next few days I am in.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."