Home General Discussion
Options

Yet another smoking ban

A big thank you to the Los Angeles County government for passing a smoking ban in county parks along with the City of Los Angeles and New York (Sarcastic). Smoking bans are getting out of hand and it is ridiculous that you can't smoke in places that are outside and allows for good ventilation. Generally speaking parks are large open areas that allow smoke to disapate and are roomy enough to not affect others as they can generally move to other areas. I believe the parks and recreation departments requested designated smoking areas which is a good compromise but that was rejected. Whats next??

Comments

• Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    What's next? Gestapo officers kick your door in for trying to light up in the privacy of your own home, food is rationed out once a month, all news is fed through a state-run station, you can only bang your wife according to government regulation, and everyone is required to wear a blue jumpsuit.

Something like that.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Matt Marvel:
    What's next? Gestapo officers kick your door in for trying to light up in the privacy of your own home, food is rationed out once a month, all news is fed through a state-run station, you can only bang your wife according to government regulation, and everyone is required to wear a blue jumpsuit.

Something like that.
    Close, but no cigar, its a blue jumpsuit with a yellow stripe down the side.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ah...

another example of how government will trample the rights of the individual for "the common good"

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Matt Marvel:

Something like that.
    You forgot force service into the Obama Youth for our children.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    You would think with all of the California wildfires that the small plum of cigar smoke would be a welcomed sight considering the alternative.
  • Options
    havanaalhavanaal Posts: 155 ✭✭
    Don't forget that smoking pot is legal in California. But you will be busted for smoking a cigar. Upside down world those crazy Californians live in, huh?
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Matt Marvel:

Something like that.

Blue Jumpsuit? Awesome! When do I get mine? When do I get mine!