Home General Discussion
Options

salt test for Hygrometer

Hey fellas.....i decided to see how accurate my Digital Hygrometer (madelaine), i filled up a liquor bottle cap with table salt and dropped in a few drops of bottled water, sealed it in a zip lock bag along with the Hygrometer and let it sit for 8 hours. My first reading was 72 & the second test was 71. Would bottled make a difference?? I ran out of distilled water......the Madelaine brand of hygrometer is not one that you can calibrate....pre-calibrated from factory. Maybe i should just remember that its +3 from the normal reading??

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    AQUADGIO1200:
    Hey fellas.....i decided to see how accurate my Digital Hygrometer (madelaine), i filled up a liquor bottle cap with table salt and dropped in a few drops of bottled water, sealed it in a zip lock bag along with the Hygrometer and let it sit for 8 hours. My first reading was 72 & the second test was 71. Would bottled make a difference?? I ran out of distilled water......the Madelaine brand of hygrometer is not one that you can calibrate....pre-calibrated from factory. Maybe i should just remember that its +3 from the normal reading??
    As long as it's in an Air-Tight container with DAMP salt, like a paste, and not too runny, then your tests are perfect and your Hygrometer is about 3-4% off

But I'd let it sit for more than 8 hours... Put it in a place that the temp doesn't change and leave it overnight or for a day at least, then see where your at...