2»

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Rhamlin:
    Martel:
    Puff_Dougie:
    madurofan:
    I'm not a big DE fan. The Ligas aren't really my cup of tea the undercrown is just ok. But the Nica, I like it a lot its become my go to.
    Curious how you would describe the differences between the Nica Rustica and the Liga? I've had both and enjoyed them both, but my palatte isn't sophisticated enough to really pinpoint the pros and cons of each. I know it's a subjective thing. Just wondering how you would describe why you personally like the Nica but not the Liga.
    I would compare the Nica to the Undercrown before other LP's. Very similar to me in some ways, but with more wood and less chocolate. The Nica's also seem to have a feel that is more lush. I hesitate to say full, because it's not a matter of strength, but it feels "richer" to me than the UC. The UC on the other hand has more pronounced and distinct flavors. I find the two interesting to compare as an example of feel vs. flavor.
    I thought it compared more to the KFC but without the smoke flavor.

I haven't had the KFC; not sure if the idea even appeals to me. It seems like a waste of a good smokehouse unless they throw some ribs in there with the tobacco.
    It's a good smoke but a bit over powering. Definately not something I think a mild/ med fan would like. You wouldn't want to smoke anything after it because you wouldn't taste it.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Yes, " overpowering" would be how I would describe the Leccia Black as well. I thought that my taste buds had burnt out after the cigar was done. The smokey flavor was too intense.
  • I had one a couple months back. I really liked it but my local cigar store is always out of them. I am looking forward to Jonathan Drew coming to our local cigar event on May 20th! They've had a couple of DE nights with some of his staff or people from JdN but Jonathan has not been to Cincinnati recently (if ever).
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    allsmokedup:
    Yes, " overpowering" would be how I would describe the Leccia Black as well. I thought that my taste buds had burnt out after the cigar was done. The smokey flavor was too intense.
    I had my first Leccia Black this weekend and thought it was very subtle and mild. I have a few more so I have the opportunity to get a nice sampling. I guess this shows how different palates and tastes come into play with cigars.

The Nica Rustica I sampled put out so much smoke that I think I'd only have them outdoors.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    PAtoNH:
    allsmokedup:
    I had my first Leccia Black this weekend and thought it was very subtle and mild. I have a few more so I have the opportunity to get a nice sampling. I guess this shows how different palates and tastes come into play with cigars.

The Nica Rustica I sampled put out so much smoke that I think I'd only have them outdoors.

The Leccia Black was from cigarfest last year, so no idea if that's the same as the production blend or an early release. I should try another to see if it's the same...