Home General Discussion
Options

Customizing Cutters

So I've been thinking, what else can I do to live and love cigars? I was reading Cigar Press, which was passed out at this event I went to, and saw an interview with Matt Booth, from Room 101, and he does customized cutters and such. I was thinking about doing some sort of customization myself. I think for starters I want to do a re-paint on my xikar XI2, since it's pretty boring. Any thoughts as to paint I'd be able to use? Also, has anyone else done custom jobs on stuff? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I'm not on the up-and-up with what paints and such work, but if I had a Xikar with some kick-butt flames on it I'd be happy!

Either that or the Xikar kinda looks like an EYE... so make the ring the Pupil and the teardrop shape the rest of the eye!!!
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    betasynn:
    So I've been thinking, what else can I do to live and love cigars? I was reading Cigar Press, which was passed out at this event I went to, and saw an interview with Matt Booth, from Room 101, and he does customized cutters and such. I was thinking about doing some sort of customization myself. I think for starters I want to do a re-paint on my xikar XI2, since it's pretty boring. Any thoughts as to paint I'd be able to use? Also, has anyone else done custom jobs on stuff? Thanks!
    Depends how quality you want the paint job to be :) but its essentially pretty easy. You can actually buy some spray ready paint for plastic/metal and use that after you sand the surface a bit... I think... I gotta check the material of it and see how we can remove the previous paint. Also, you can always bring it to Things Remembered or the Mall for some nice laser engraving ;)