Home General Discussion
Options

Vote for your favorite cigar art

The Cigar Obsession Photo Contest has finished taking submissions, please vote for your favorites.

Comments

• Options
    i vote for jazz mother fracking music!
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    yes please vote... for entry number 2.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm no professional photographer, but I do enjoy the art of a good photographer. Just my opinions:

1- Cool picture. But the image just isn't appealling to me.
    2- I really can't see anything.
    3- A nice well rounded photograph. I like the contrast in light as much as the contrast of color.
    4- Not really sure how this image made it in. The camera is focused on the countertop and the cigar and coffee are blurry.
    5- My favorite. I liked this image so much it's now my desktop background. There are so many things going on in this image that just surround and wrap the cigar in beauty. The intricate blue smoke, the refraction of light in the glass, the colors of nature and autumn, the peaceful and inviting setting that just screams "this was a good day," make this a great photograph in my eyes.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    jeff_connors:
    Thread rippa! Stay on point!
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    jeff_connors:
    Thread rippa! Stay on point!
    Personally I vote for number one, i though it had great composition and showed some skills in photography. The stick(s) is a strange one.....
  • Options
    kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    Ya know Jeff, you are pretty rude. You don't like the music I use on some of my videos. Grand. Don't watch them. You have made it a point to comment on this is a few threads now, presumably just to draw attention to yourself. Congratulations. Now give it a rest, at least when it comes to my site and videos please. We know how you feel, no one cares.
  • Options
    yeh i'm sorry..
    i'm just being jerk..just trying to be funny/offer some constructive criticism...it was my intent to bash YOU in anyway
    I visit your site often and don't mind/ watch the videos .
    I just think some other forms of music "at times" would find the "environment" better.
    Again I apologize for being rude, and yes I did just want to draw attention to myself, so now giving it a rest!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kaelaria:
    Ya know Jeff, you are pretty rude. You don't like the music I use on some of my videos. Grand. Don't watch them. You have made it a point to comment on this is a few threads now, presumably just to draw attention to yourself. Congratulations. Now give it a rest, at least when it comes to my site and videos please. We know how you feel, no one cares.
    Whoa Whoa Whoa.... No Need for harsh feeling here... but I do know that when it comes down to the nitty gritty you two are similar in what your are trying to convey.... A cigar review website...

That being said, Unless my post are completely off topic, I have never seen any TRUE animosity between your two sites, until now....

Now for the record, I rarely visit BOTH of your sites, just for the fact that I AM that MY personal best reviewer, not anyone else... but the fact remains that both you guys have equal rights to equal internet space.

From what I've seen you guys have no beef... Jeff_connors reviews cigars that he has in his humidor and takes pics of them with some crazy robot voice....

CigarObsession is out to make the big bucks and will review anything in front of them, especially if gifted to them...

Like I said, I rarely visit EITHER of your sites, but that's the difference I see.... so please, keep this civil so we don't have to choose sides.
  • Options
    I conceded , the shenanigans will stop
    Hey shenanigans is in the dictionary
  • Options
    Lasabar, You read way too much into my post. I said nothing about site vs. site in any way. I accept Jeff's apology and case closed. :)
  • Options
    And BTW I don't make 'the big bucks'. In fact I don't make a dime, it COSTS me money. Sure I get some donations - in exchange for the exposure and advertising. I don't get paid a single cent by anyone. The vast majority of my sticks were purchased retail by me, and yes I am more than happy to review donated sticks. Don't think that means they buy reviews - I have given poor reviews of donated sticks and one manufacturer has already 'taken his ball and gone home' because of it. Oh well.
  • Options
    so can anyone tell me what the heck #1 is anyway?
  • Options
    "This strange cigar is actually made of three panetelas braided and banded together."
    http://www.onlinelabels.com/cigars/cigar-shapes-and-sizes.htm
    "Culebras I am told means “snake” and this twisted, braid of a cigar trio is a conversation starter and a Cuban smoke not to be missed."http://www.cigarinspector.com/partagas/partagas-culebras
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Culebras were started by rollers in Cuba. They were allowed to take home 1 cigar a day, so they would wrap three pantellas together and be able to walk out with only 1 cigar.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Oh and vote #3. Tim takes great photos and is a great BOTL!!!!
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Its my birthday this upcoming week Vote #5 or squash my birthday in front of me like a boy watching the life drain out of his eyes when he learns there is no Santa...sniff sniff :D

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    rad1964:
    Its my birthday this upcoming week Vote #5 or squash my birthday in front of me like a boy watching the life drain out of his eyes when he learns there is no Santa...sniff sniff :D

There's no Easter bunny either.... just saying
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    rad1964:

There's no Easter bunny either.... just saying
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....and that's basically all I have to add...
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    martymcg43:
    yes please vote... for entry number 2.
    Are you freaking kidding me? You can't see *** in this pic.

"Long ashes my friends."