Home General Discussion
Options

To the NUB! ;-)

HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
Maybe I should've gotten a roach clip.... CAO Gold at NorCal Cigar Festival 2009
NUB!!!
¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Hays, Is it safe to say that you enjoyed that cigar ?
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using one corn holder. It's not too elegant, but with the two tines it doesn't spin like a paper clip or toothpick and I can smoke it down just to about where you have yours withous burning my fingers. I only use it on the smokes I really enjoy.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Hey Hays, Is it safe to say that you enjoyed that cigar ?
    Hahaha...yessirree.. But to be totally fair, my major motivation at that time was trying to get rid of the taste of the Acid Kuba Kuba that tossed out prior to lighting this one. That's not to say I didn't thoroughly enjoy this stick, of course..

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I just did this with my cigar tonight.... I was at a bar and had no tools.... so I had to lay her down... Shltty
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    YankeeMan:
    I'm using one corn holder. It's not too elegant, but with the two tines it doesn't spin like a paper clip or toothpick and I can smoke it down just to about where you have yours withous burning my fingers. I only use it on the smokes I really enjoy.
    I'm not a to the nub person BUT if you are there is a tool out there created on another no longer existent forum called Carlitos Stogie Nubber. Check it out.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Carlitos Stogie Nubber.
    Because "Roach Clip" isn't Spanish, nor distinguished enough for cigar smokers.

• Options
    Hehe I just checked out the Stogie Nubber, and realized my BM shop has one on the counter that I pick up and look at all the time and always wondered what the heck it was for.
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    YankeeMan:
    Classy! LOL
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to grab one of the nubbers, but I looked at some reviews and everyone complained that the nub rotated too much on the single spike.

One of the writers suggested the corn holder and that's where I got the classy idea. Hey, I'm just out on my patio, I'm the only one who knows. OK, maybe now you guys...
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    My buddy just used some match sticks, but the corn holder idea is pretty good. Take it from a guy who mixed up which end to smoke in the dark, you do not want that nub rotating on you.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    YankeeMan:
    I'm not a to the nub person BUT if you are there is a tool out there created on another no longer existent forum called Carlitos Stogie Nubber. Check it out.
    I don't usually smoke them that far either. I usually stop about an inch or so.
  • Options
    Before reading this thread that is exactly what I said to someone else, you need a freakin roach clip. After you circumcize it the length is just not enough. And if you leave an inch it's not much more than a 2 inch smoke. Plus I am school of Diogenes about just creating the sweet spot. I think you have to burn into a sweet spot, with about an inch or so of smoke. I like the taste and the burn, it goes nice and slow, but just too short for me. Add another inch. Size does matter.
  • Options
    Was this at the Brewer's Fest?