Home Non Cigar Related

My dogs love me back.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
They have got to the point that they insist on being petted before they will take a treat. Now that says a lot to me.

And Little guy has taken to grrrring when I smoke a cigar he doesn't like the smell of, and waging his tail when he does. It is just phenomenal how we agree on cigars.

And at night they have come to an understanding about who gets to sleep where on my bed. Of course the old guy River sets the tone and makes sure he is at head level with me so I can reach out and pet him when he is having bad dreams.

Dogs are amazing people. I never was allowed to have a dog growing up because I was a sickly type and had every allergy in the book. Guess its safe to say I am making up for that.

Comments

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you may need to start a thread in the Ratings & Reviews section with the picks and pans of "the Little guy"... LOL
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Sounds like you may need to start a thread in the Ratings & Reviews section with the picks and pans of "the Little guy"... LOL

Now if I could get him to make a judgement before I lit the things.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Puff_Dougie:

Now if I could get him to make a judgement before I lit the things.

If this happens to start You Tube!
    :-)

I got stars....
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Anything about something as loyal as dogs deserves to receive stars! Especially if they appreciate a good cigar!

RBeckom:
    Anything about something as loyal as dogs deserves to receive stars! Especially if they appreciate a good cigar!

AMEN to that....

I am going to run any new cigar under little guys nose and see what happens. If it works Las Vegas will be our next stop.
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    He may not be a cigar snob (or small enough to sleep in our bed), but in the morning, when my Dane is let outside, and comes back in. He is in my lap, and will not let me do anything, until he has gotten at least 5min of petting.

Try for my coffee? UM! NO SIR!
    Go for my laptop? I SAID NO!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang I want a dog soooo bad.... BTW have you seen the Bud commercial for the Super Bowl with the Golden Lab? sweet stuff right there..
    Bigshizza:
    Dang I want a dog soooo bad.... BTW have you seen the Bud commercial for the Super Bowl with the Golden Lab? sweet stuff right there..

Yea, its been all over TV. I hate Bud.

If you do get one get a pound puppy. And if you get a Great Dane they are easy to train as long as the training suits them and is easy for you to understand.
    New Boots:
    He may not be a cigar snob (or small enough to sleep in our bed), but in the morning, when my Dane is let outside, and comes back in. He is in my lap, and will not let me do anything, until he has gotten at least 5min of petting.

You gotta love em. Is yours possessive of you..?
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    jd50ae:
    New Boots:

You gotta love em. Is yours possessive of you..?
    Yeah, if hes out and about im either alone, or with him. If Im sitting with the wife, he joins us.
    This is my "little girl." She was a rescue puppy. Any time I go out on the front porch to smoke, she has to be right there next to me, curled up on the wicker love seat. She scratches at the screen door until I let her out.

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    Who does she sleep with..? Such a terrifying little girl.
    jd50ae:
    Haha! She has the sweetest personality ever. Just looks intimidating because of the werewolf underbite. She sleeps right in between wifey and me, of course. :^)
    Puff_Dougie:
    jd50ae:
    Haha! She has the sweetest personality ever. Just looks intimidating because of the werewolf underbite. She sleeps right in between wifey and me, of course. :^)

Every once in awhile Little Guys under bite(not nearly as pronounced as yours) rears its scary self, but because we know him so well we just laugh and his tail starts going. Little Gut prefers under the blanket in the small of my or my wife's back. He is a little busy body though and if a strange car is coming up the drive way everyone knows it.