Home Non Cigar Related

Shock Top

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just found 3 six packs and Rotel and white Mexican cheese and sausage. Go ahead and bring on the most boring game of the year and its ridiculous half time show. I am ready....

Comments

• New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I tried shock top...can't do it. I'm to much of a beer purist.
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I don't mind the original from time to time. I'm actually drinking the last of my Pumpkin Wheat right now. The store near me had 6 packs on sales of 3.99. Couldn't pass up that deal. I REALLY love their Chocolate Wheat. It, to me, is one of the better Chocolate Wheat's out there.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I like Shock Top. Reminds me of Blue Moon for sure, which is also awesome.
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Sorry, Sam Adams or Yuengling for me.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Sorry, Sam Adams or Yuengling for me.

yep...I am a Sam Adams fan too. Just trying some of the different brews that are starting to pop up around here.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to drink Shock Top in the summer time. Very similar to Blue Moon. Case of choice for the big game tomorrow, though... Dogfish 60 Minute IPA.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    Puff_Dougie:
    I like to drink Shock Top in the summer time. Very similar to Blue Moon. Case of choice for the big game tomorrow, though... Dogfish 60 Minute IPA.

I was actually looking for Goose Neck and had to settle for the Shock Top.
    jd50ae:
    Puff_Dougie:

I was actually looking for Goose Neck and had to settle for the Shock Top.
    Never had that one. Is it an IPA?
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • EoLEoL Posts: 182
    Mmmmm beer. Shock top is delicious, but Choc'top is my favorite of their line. it tastes so good. I prefer either blue moon or a simple ice house or rolling rock (I am a college student. cheap beer. yes.0
    EoL:
    Mmmmm beer. Shock top is delicious, but Choc'top is my favorite of their line. it tastes so good. I prefer either blue moon or a simple ice house or rolling rock (I am a college student. cheap beer. yes.0
    AAAhhhhh... Rolling Rock! They used to make that two blocks from where I live, but they moved the brewery to St. Louis a few years ago.
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoy shock top especially their chocolate ale which I just recently discovered. Pretty much I can tolerate most beer
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 on the Shock Top and Blue Moon, love them both.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I have rarely met a beer I didn't like. I'm a big fan of both Blue Moon and Shock Top.
    clearlysuspect:
    I have rarely met a beer I didn't like. I'm a big fan of both Blue Moon and Shock Top.

I may have to make another run (I will con my stepson into paying for it) I like the stuff but I think it is more suited to drinking out side in much warmer weather.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Uh...what about Shock Top is "impure"?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    Ken Light:
    New Boots:
    Good question. I was wondering that also...
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    My brew of choice for today is Corona Extra. With Lime.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Ken Light:
    New Boots:
    Uh oh. Boots done stepped in some now...
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I think because this guy drinks it.image
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Ken Light:
    New Boots:
    Uh oh. Boots done stepped in some now...
    I'm genuinely curious, is it the flavorings? Or do you feel beer shouldn't be mass produced? It seems like a watered-down mass-marketed version of Sam Summer Ale, really. Which was a bit of a rip-off of Pete's Wicked Rally Cap, I always thought...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Boots means the flavorings, however Shock Top is an unfiltered product.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Pabst.... thats a fine american beer right there.

Aj
  • RedRex06RedRex06 Posts: 155
    I love me some Shock Top here in Colorado, but when I buy it in Oklahoma it just is NOT as good. Tastes much more... watered down, I think, for some reason. Most of what I drink is imported from Germany at the Class Six on base (tax free liquor store. Boss.) or some of the local craft beers, also sold on base. I have a thing for not paying tax. Blue moon is my drink of choice when out to dinner, since I can't get the German stuff or Shock Top. Come to think of it, I prefer the Shock Top over the blue moon. I also kinda hate IPA's. Give me malt any day.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    EoL:
    AAAhhhhh... Rolling Rock! They used to make that two blocks from where I live, but they moved the brewery to St. Louis a few years ago.
    yup not the same
    Money can't buy taste
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    I think because this guy drinks it.image
    lmfao!!! Randy I think your in love with this guy!!
    Money can't buy taste
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Puff_Dougie:
    EoL:
    yup not the same

And I will never forgive miller for ruining Lowenbrau....what a waste.