Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Dolphins 2 Minute Drill

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
Did anyone watch Monday Night Football? Has anyone seen a more piss poor clock management inside of 3:00. Even the announcers were saying that it was the slowest 2 minute drill ever! They had guys walking back to the line of scrimmage with the clock rolling, Pennington let 30 seconds roll off the clock looking confused and then burned a precious timeout and he paid no attention to get a play off before the 2 minute warning. They let another 20 seconds tick off before they wasted their final timeout. You'd think they would have got the idea once their own crowd started booing at their incompetence. They played incredibly hard and then let it slip away in the final drive due to overall mental mistakes. In my mind Pennington showed in that last 3 minutes why he has never been, and never will be, a good quarterback.

And just how many touchdown passes can one person drop in one game? Ask Ted Ginn Jr.! He can tell you the answer is at least two!

Comments

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Glad my Colts pulled it out. Whats even worse about the Dolphins last 2-3 minutes they sucked against a Colts defense thats been on the field almost 45 minutes by then and were sucking wind big time !!!
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    Glad my Colts pulled it out. Whats even worse about the Dolphins last 2-3 minutes they sucked against a Colts defense thats been on the field almost 45 minutes by then and were sucking wind big time !!!
    I know right. Not that I cared who won or anything (I made out well on fantasy with Ronnie Brown) but it was just painful to watch. Even if you are a Colts fan you had to look at that and say "thanks for the win but damn that 3 minutes really hurt my eyes!"
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Wasn't able to watch the game, but I'm glad Ronnie Brown didn't get a few extra plays, one of my teams was against his owner and because he didn't get 10 extra yards somewhere, I won by a tenth of a point!!! Thank you Chad for **** up!
  • Options
    rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    gmill880:
    I know right. Not that I cared who won or anything (I made out well on fantasy with Ronnie Brown) but it was just painful to watch. Even if you are a Colts fan you had to look at that and say "thanks for the win but damn that 3 minutes really hurt my eyes!"

You honestly have to question what was going through their heads with the two minute warning and the timeout. The play calling wasn't all that great either. Doing a QB sneak on 3rd and 1??? You have 4th down to pick up the 1st if you don't get it on a 3rd down pass play. That ate up a good 20 to 30 seconds. I loved it!! The wildcat was rough but the Colts were able to pull it out!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    GOOOOO COLTS !!! On to Arizona next week. The one thing most people don't realize just watching that game ...every time Chad Pennington has played the Colts regardless of who he was playing for he has carved them up like a Thanksgiving turkey. Glad he's in the rear view mirror now damn. I would not take any other QB in the NFL over Peyton , not Brady or anyone ...remember the I believe it was a 28 point comeback against Tampa several years back with 4 minutes and something to go ...I'm just sayin as long as he's in there the Colts always have a chance ...
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    2-minute drill or not, the Phins win if Ted Ginn doesn't drop two touchdowns. Both were well thrown and very catchable. Bum.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Luko:
    2-minute drill or not, the Phins win if Ted Ginn doesn't drop two touchdowns. Both were well thrown and very catchable. Bum.
    Exactly. Rough night for him. Two touchdowns literally in his hands.

Garen B:
    Wasn't able to watch the game, but I'm glad Ronnie Brown didn't get a few extra plays, one of my teams was against his owner and because he didn't get 10 extra yards somewhere, I won by a tenth of a point!!! Thank you Chad for **** up!
    Going into this game, my fantasy team was down 22 points and I had Ronnie Brown as my last hope. WOHOO!! He had a massive game and put me ahead by a couple points with his 2 TDs and a bunch of yards. I got lucky!