Options

Good-Bye Summer

Good Bye Summer
Favorite Cigar/ Cigar moments of the summer, quick before it starts to snow

Comments

• Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Frightening picture, lol.

My favorite cigar moment of the summer was a few weeks ago. I told a couple close friends my wife is pregnant. So we each had a "special occasion" cigar - Camacho PE after about a year and a bit in the humidor. So fantastic. Still my favorite cigar.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    i live in BUFFALO ..... thats just another day in january ..... everything would go on as normal ...... no schools closed, no driving bans , just regular everyday life
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Sadly, I didn't have an iconic cigar/cigar day this summer. I fired up an Opus X to celebrate the birth of my daughter, and while I certainly liked it very much, I've had more memorable cigars (either because of the cigar or the moment). Hopefully this fall I'll make up for it.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I would rather have snow than this rain. We have had record rainfall, like 18inches in just a day.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I guess my cigar moment was when I got my first humidor in the mail! It was awesome! Perhaps even a turning point in my life. If anyone remembers my Benefits of Cigars As Seen By Me, you'll know why I call it a turning point.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Well I would say that there are quite a few times that I thoroughly enjoyed a Vitola

I would say the most memorable was the Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve and it was the first cigar I nubbed...
    My first NUB Connie and it did the NUB stand!
    My very first ISOM cigar!
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    I guess my cigar moment was when I got my first humidor in the mail! It was awesome! Perhaps even a turning point in my life. If anyone remembers my Benefits of Cigars As Seen By Me, you'll know why I call it a turning point.
    I'd have to say that'd be mine too.. Fonseca F for my inaugurating smoke. Was ruined a bit though when I had to put it out in order to go out to a club for my s-i-l's birthday (I'm not a big fan of rave clubs).
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My cigar moment this summer was sitting on my patio with two of my sons, one of whom was about to be deployed and spending quality time with them. I was smoking a Monticristo Classic my older son got me for Father's Day and just enjoying the time together.

P.S.: That could also be a picture of Ithaca, the place where clouds come to die!
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    Soon I will have to enjoy my smokes at the local cigar bar. Fortunately the government hasnt tried to shut them down here yet
  • Options
    JZ:
    Soon I will have to enjoy my smokes at the local cigar bar. Fortunately the government hasnt tried to shut them down here yet
    Sadly, they are attempting to shut them down here in Michigan. Not sure where I will smoke this winter... maybe make a man cave out of the shed, lol. A little insulation and a space heater might do the trick.
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    TatuajeVI:
    JZ:
    Sadly, they are attempting to shut them down here in Michigan. Not sure where I will smoke this winter... maybe make a man cave out of the shed, lol. A little insulation and a space heater might do the trick.
    That is ridiculous. I can certainly understand if they want to restrict smoking from restaurants and such but a cigar bar, where people choose to be there is excessive. I really hope the CRA is busy fighting all this nonsense.
  • Options
    JZ:
    TatuajeVI:
    JZ:
    That is ridiculous. I can certainly understand if they want to restrict smoking from restaurants and such but a cigar bar, where people choose to be there is excessive. I really hope the CRA is busy fighting all this nonsense.
    In the bill right now, if the bar sales of tobacco are 10% of the total bar sales, smoking would be allowed. But even cigar bars don't sell anywhere near 10% when you compare the alcohol sales. Not even close. Course it doesn't help when the cigars cost 3-4 times what they ought to and are kept at 95% humidity, lol. Man we need a cool cigar bar in my area that actually takes care of their humidor.

***, we are hijacking this thread! Back to summer memories!
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    They're trying to shut down cigar bars here in MA too. Already gave cigar bars in Boston 5 years to close their doors - that was about a year ago. And to allow smoking here, it's supposed to be 51% of your total sales in tobacco. Just a way for the government to take 30% out of half of what you make. Scum.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    It was 104 outside yesterday. It's supposed to be 102 today. I can't really smoke in that anyway. Send some snow my way please.