Home Cigar 101

Green Spot wouldn't burn?

Hey guys,  I received a pack of Nubs from CI last week and let them rest for a week before smoking them over the weekend.  Two of the 460 Connecticut's had a green spot on them.  I didn't think much of it, but when I was smoking it, it wouldn't burn and threw off the burn and ash of the cigar and from there on out, the rest of the ash flowered and was really messy.

What gives??!

Comments

• Sometimes when tobacco dries too fast the chlorophyll in the leaf gets trapped in the leaf and it dries green. I never knew it could effect burn(it does effect taste) so maybe that spot on the wrapper sucks up more water than the other properly dried parts of the wrapper...
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    If it's green all over it's mold... if it's one big spot it's a water droplet that is common on cigars...

Not the best thing to have, but that just mean that part of the cigar has had water on it, after it was made
  • AmboAmbo Posts: 10
    yea, it's jsut a big green spot on the cigars.  Ugh, if I knew that I wouldn't have smoked em and sent them back.  Def sucks as it ruined the last 3rd of both cigars.  Thanks for the heads up guys
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    That's odd, I've gotten green spots on more than a few Connecticut wrapped cigars and the burn was never thrown off because of it. Good luck with the rest of them.