Home Non Cigar Related

New study. Living linked to dying.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Researchers have discovered a troubling trend in people.
Living people are dying at an incredible rate.
Researchers have concluded that living is one of the leading causes of death.
Unfortunately, they've discovered that if you quit living, that will also lead to death.
Doctors are working hard to discover a cure for living and are close to a discovery that they think work is also a cause of death.
When questioned, one doctor stated, "We can now add this one cause of death with the other 5,000 pages of lists of things that might cause death. But we're pretty certain that living is a 100% killer. All people who are living will die from living."
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    eventually the survival rate for everything is 0..
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    This reminds me of an article I read about scientists who reversed the aging in mice causing a 2 year old mouse to go to being a 6 month old mouse. Basically taking a 60 yr old and making him/her be 20 years old again.

Cause of Aging Reversed in Mice

The researchers have managed to reverse the effects of aging in mice using an approach that restores communication between a cell’s mitochondria and nucleus. Mitochondria are the power supply within the cell, generating the chemical energy required for key biological functions. When communication breaks down between mitochondria and the cell's control center, the nucleus, the effects of aging accelerate.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the study is flawed. I don't know anyone who's alive that's dead! ;-)

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan:

Boy, you must not get out much.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    YankeeMan:

I mean really....what about all them zombies...they even have their own TV show.
    jd50ae:
    webmost:
    YankeeMan:

I mean really....what about all them zombies...they even have their own TV show.
    I don't know any of them personally

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan:
    jd50ae:
    webmost:
    YankeeMan:

I don't know any of them personally

Well, I understand they are pretty quiet except when they are eating.
  • SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Wasn't that study brought to you by the same folks that said "having kids is inheireted?"
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    YankeeMan:

I know a lot of people who are "living" that are dead. We're all alive, but how many of us are living?
  • Too live is too die, this is one fact that not one, no not one, of us will escape.
    What matters is what we accomplish with our lives, between the day of our conception and eventual birth To the day we go to the great beyond. Death is too life as water is to dryness.
    This is one serious discussion you have started and to find the answers we first have to look inward to what lye's within our personal Beliefs. Where do our personal choices lead us? Sorry if a serious question disrupts your thread. But a Burdon was laid across my heart and I had no choice in the matter.

• EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    YankeeMan:

I know a lot of people who are "living" that are dead. We're all alive, but how many of us are living?
    Bob Dylan said those who weren't busy being born were busy dying.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Echambers:
    New Boots:
    YankeeMan:

Bob Dylan was a legend!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Echambers:
    New Boots:
    YankeeMan:

Bob Dylan was a legend!
    Don't kill off Bob yet.. IS a legend. I liked his Super Bowl Commercial.
    ... and he does great commercials!

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big bad wolf is a legend too. Dunno that either of them can sing worth a crap.

If living leads to dying what's the alternative?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)