Home Cigar 101
Options

What do I like?

No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
Need some help here. I'm pretty certain that I'm focusing my tastes on one or a few specific aspects. The cigars I've enjoyed the most are typically darker, med-full/full etc but I want to know what the primary ingredient is that I'm leaning towards. Here's my favorites list from my bio:
DPG Blue
Room 101 by Camacho
My Father Le Bijou
5 Vegas Miami
LP Undercrown, UF-13, T-52
Obsidian
Padron 1964
Tatuaje Fausto

Now, I think from what I've seen is tobacco from Nicaragua seems to be in a lot of these. But is it the wrapper or binder or what? Are they all from the same blender, farm, or something I just don't know? I'd really appreciate the help so I can look for more that would fit my flavor profile. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Well, off the top of my head I notice that about half your list is blended by Don Pepin Garcia. The DPG Blue, My Father, and 5 Vegas Miami are all blended by him. I'm not 100% on this, but given the relationship between DPG and Tatuaje, I would imagine he had something to do with the Fausto blend as well. It does seem like most of the cigars you listed contain at least some, if not a majority, of Nicaraguan tobacco. I'd recommend branching out into more Tatuaje and My Father lines. Also, if you dig them (which I think you will), you may want to try Illusione; while its not blended by DPG, it does have some of the same characteristics of most of the Tatuaje line and they are Nicaraguan puros. Oliva is also a very solid budget brand that uses mostly Nicaraguan tobaccos. For DPG blends outside of the My Father brand, try Mi Barrio, La Sirena, Cabaiguan, San Cistobal, and Cubao. If you can find any older Padilla Miamis, those are also excellent, but I believe they discontinued the line.

• Options
    Awesome man that's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Also, I don't know how I missed putting El Centurion in my list, I'm contemplating losing my box virginity to that one lol

I do currently have more MF lines in my humi waiting for me so that's exciting. I'll definitely look into Illusione. I've had a bunch of Oliva and still have a lot of them but I don't think any has really been as complex as the ones on my list seem to be. I'll be on the lookout for the other ones you mentioned, and actually have a 5pack of Cabaiguan after the one I was bombed with was so tasty.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Glad to be of help. I can't believe I spaced the El Centurion as well, what a great cigar. Try out some of the Tatuaje Reserva's or Regios's too. If our taste are as similar as they seem, you'll love them. Also the L'Atelier Bone Crusher and Special Selection 46 are definitely worth a try.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Glad to be of help. I can't believe I spaced the El Centurion as well, what a great cigar. Try out some of the Tatuaje Reserva's or Regios's too. If our taste are as similar as they seem, you'll love them. Also the L'Atelier Bone Crusher and Special Selection 46 are definitely worth a try.
    Yummy. I've been meaning to check out the Bone Crusher. I've seen it at my B&M so I might try that on my Friday smoke.
  • Options
    No_one21:
    alienmisprint:
    Yummy. I've been meaning to check out the Bone Crusher. I've seen it at my B&M so I might try that on my Friday smoke.
    I've tried the Bone Crusher, Skull Breaker, and Crystal Baller. The Bone Crusher was definitely my favorite of three, it reminded me alot of the Tat Black tubos.