Home General Discussion

Best "Everyday" mild/medium smoke?

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
Still in the process of developing my palate, and have tended to gravitate toward maduros and more full-bodies cigars. But wanting to expand in the direction of the mild/medium stick and wondering what brands or particular cigars you all would recommend in that category. I've looked at the Mark Twain or Fuente Shade Grown on the Sprint Sale, but don't know enough yet about brands to know if they'd be any good.

So, what are your favorite mild/medium sticks? Ones that make a great mid-morning or afternoon smoke?
"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    AJ Fresh Rolled for me. Also the regular Padron line.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd tell you but I want them all to myself....well....my favorite is a 5 Vegas Gold well rested. Don't tell anyone else.
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    I may have just had a bad experience, but the Mark Twain I had was horrrribly constructed. I couldn't get any draw at all and when I got even a little there was just no taste. Dumped it after about an inch.

Conversely, the Cabaiguan is a mild-medium that tastes amazing. Bought 5 more right after I smoked the one I got.

Edit: OH OH Also check out AVO and AVO XO.
  • Like the Park Avenue as a good everyday. Creamy smoke.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! Thanks for the suggestions, brothers! I'll keep an eye out for these.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    I am also still developing palate as well, i really enjoy CAO Gold as a medum-full cigar
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad Daddy Rabbit:
    Like the Park Avenue as a good everyday. Creamy smoke.
    +1 on the park avenue!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Macnudo - Hyde Park = A great creamy smooth stick
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Davidoff 3x3
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Davidoff 3x3

Where did you find the 3x3s?? I googled 'em but every place I found was out of stock.....
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Davidoff 3x3
    Do you even AVO classic bro?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    catfishbluezz:
    Davidoff 3x3

Where did you find the 3x3s?? I googled 'em but every place I found was out of stock.....
    Check your PM Marty
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    jlmarta:
    catfishbluezz:
    Davidoff 3x3

Check your PM Marty
    I want this too....catfish always talks about them
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Davidoff 3x3
    I think I have some in my cooler somewhere..might have to try one. Thanks for the reminder Dustin.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried a MOW Virtue?

MSRP is definitely out of my "everyday" price range....but they pop up on the sprintsale fairly regularly and you can almost always find deals on them if you look around.

It's a solid smoke, always well constructed in my experience.
    Give the Virtue a try if you haven't already.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Hemmingway best seller good stick good size for this time of the year and won't break your wallet
    Money can't buy taste
    0patience:
    jlmarta:
    catfishbluezz:
    Davidoff 3x3

Check your PM Marty

Replied, sir.....

• dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    I have really grown to like those Maromas.... either sweet or maduro. between .95 to 1.50 a stick.

Aj
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    gran habano vintage 2002
    gran habano 3 sls
    avo
    5 vegas classic
    aj fernandez fresh rolled
    perdomo lot 23
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +15 on Gurkha Park Avenue. Give em a little rest and it's a great smoke. Can be had for $2 a stick (or less on sprint???)

Email Cigar.com on getting some Avo's. The robusto's can be had for a great price! Avo's are hands down my fav mild smoke.

Other good ones:
    Mario Palomino - Sweet and toasty. Has a little Jamaican filler.
    Cusano 18 connecticut.
    The griffins.
    Oliva Connecticut Reserve.
    Not a connie, but a good med Nicaraguan smoke, J.C. Newman's Brick House. It comes in maduro too and I actually like the fat-a$$ rg in these compared to the slimmer ones.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like some great recommendations all around. I've got about 2 dozen sticks in the current inventory and they are pretty much all darker maduros. Looking forward to complementing them with some of these suggestions. Great little shopping list here! Look out, Sprint Sale! LOL!
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gotta say the Avo, 3x3, and the AB Occidental Reserve are all great depending on your price point.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Can someone pm me a 3x3 source?
    taythegibs:
    Can someone pm me a 3x3 source?

Incoming.....
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    In the mild range I'd go Gurkha Park Ave or Cusano Connecticut, but for mild to medium probably the 5 Vegas Classic, especially the torpedo. Maybe it's just an esthetic thing but it doesn't taste as good to me in the less badass looking vitolas.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,683 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    In the mild range I'd go Gurkha Park Ave or Cusano Connecticut, but for mild to medium probably the 5 Vegas Classic, especially the torpedo. Maybe it's just an esthetic thing but it doesn't taste as good to me in the less badass looking vitolas.
    I like these as well, also like Mark Twain, but there are occasional construction issues, and those suckers are loong. Those Sol Cubanos I sent are more medium than mild, but they're pretty good, too. If you're looking for an after lunch smoke, they come in a smaller size, #4, which really works well with that blend.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    The Torano Dominico is a great mild-med stick. Great with coffee in the morning and at 29.00 per 20 it's hard to go wrong.