Home General Discussion

Real wood humidor

Does anybody use real wood anymore? I just bout a Southport large humidor, I am having seal problems with it so I took the lid off to check out the wood seal and as soon as I removed the hinge I saw the compressed cardboard wood crap. So basically the only real wood is the cedar seal. Who makes a decent, real wood not particle board veneered, humidor?

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an Ashton Savoy humidor that has been great... pretty sure its all wood. Im sure there are others too
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    I have two real wood humidors. I truely love both.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I think the issue is that the real wood humidors cost considerably more.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Yeah I've been finding that out in my search. I just cant stand the cheap compressed cardboard. I can deal with a plywood, soft wood with veneer but particle board always gets me. I'm looking at a cuban crafter right now that I may purchase.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    how much are you willing to pay and what size are you looking for?
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I was impressed with the quality of my Don Salvatore humidor, for the price. Unfortunately, it was just too darned small. It's the "Secret Slide Lock" version. I'd love to shell out for the "Havana Cigar Cafe", but I'm not sure if they're still in business. The website I visited before is no longer valid, and the price on Amazon has gone up.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • kuzi16:
    how much are you willing to pay and what size are you looking for?
    For now I'm just gonna do my research, but I'm looking for a box that'll hold 100- 150. Dimensions are optional.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I get a lot of crap (because they are so expensive) but, I love my Daniel Marshall treasure Chest. It has never failed me. Everything about it is quality. My $.02
  • Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    I bought a beautiful hand carved humidor off Ebay that was made in Czech. When it arrived it was absolutley gorgeous, but the interior was cheap 1/16" inch cedar. I gutted it and lined it with 3/8" spanish cedar. Its a great looking functional humidor now.