Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Any one watching the Olympics..?

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
It just occurred to me I have watched maybe 5 minutes of the Olympics. I use to watch as much as I could...

Comments

• Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watch the womens' hiney in the figure skating.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MorganGeo:
    Bahahhahaha! Me too.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried. I really did. Several times. Could not do it. Women's hockey, forsooth. Team figure skatin, fer cryin out loud... as if synchronized swimmin in Summer wasn't enough. Cross country skiing with rifles coming down the stretch, and the announcer was shouting hysterically like something so exciting was going on.

Only thing entertaining about the Olympics is the Sochi hotel mess. That and Bob Costas' pink eye from the filthy water.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    MorganGeo:
    the Russian chick had a nice body!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    They're on?
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    winter olympics = hot Norwegian chicks.....yes i am watching it.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wife is a huge Olympics fanatic,so its pretty much on 24/7 at our house.she even been texting me updates while I'm at work...just watched the women's curling now .which actually is my favorite to watch.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    Any girl name Svetlana is okay in my book… haven't tuned in yet… always laugh when I hear "triple sow cow"… or whatever.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    I tried. I really did. Several times. Could not do it. Women's hockey, forsooth. Team figure skatin, fer cryin out loud... as if synchronized swimmin in Summer wasn't enough. Cross country skiing with rifles coming down the stretch, and the announcer was shouting hysterically like something so exciting was going on.

Only thing entertaining about the Olympics is the Sochi hotel mess. That and Bob Costas' pink eye from the filthy water.

Agree with Davis, I want to enjoy it...but dang it's hard to watch.
    And NBCs tape delay is a load of $hit, I've been reading the results online and catching "highlights" before the events shown on TV; no incentive to watch them live IMO.

Hope to watch the (men's) hockey though, 4 bluejackets are playing for team Russia....would it be unAmerican if I want to root for them?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    webmost:

And NBCs tape delay is a load of $hit, I've been reading the results online and catching "highlights" before the events shown on TV; no incentive to watch them live IMO.

Hope to watch the (men's) hockey though, 4 bluejackets are playing for team Russia....would it be unAmerican if I want to root for them?
    How dare you even entertain the thought..
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    jgibv:
    webmost:

How dare you even entertain the thought..
    Could care for less for Russia otherwise.....ok ok I'll root for USA (& Russia) but if they end up playing each other then USA USA USA!!!! Shhiiittt I'm probably on some FBI list now LOL

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curling and the Biathlon are effing awesome.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    I caught some of the SuperG and women's snowboarding last night. Can't get into this "team figure skating" thing and the luge just makes me queasy.

"What drunken, German gynecologist invented this sport (the luge)? What guy went, 'I want to dress like a sperm, shove an ice skate up my ass, and ride balls first down an ice chute. Ya. That would be fun.'?" -Robin Williams
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    curling yes.....biathlon.....uhhh no
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    I haven't and feel bad about it. I saw 1 team figure skating event
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard the water looks like pee...ewwww..saw the girls ski around in their outfits with rifles. I liked it, a lot!
  • Options
    brianetz1:
    danielzreyes:
    curling yes.....biathlon.....uhhh no
    Curling is cool. "Hurry, Hurry. Haaarrrrrrd!" I haven't bumped into any Olympic curling. I did watch the qualifiers weeks back. Gotta say, those old time Scots devised odd fascinating games. One day tossing a log, next day rolling a hailstone sized ball into a gopher hole, next day caroming a rock across a frozen pond. Haggis and bagpipes. If only they could have been taught to speak English.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    IsraIsra Posts: 8
    I'm watching it.
    it's great. Snowboard gay is the best
    visit this site https://www.cubancigarsbest.com/
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Lee.mcglynn:
    MorganGeo:
    She's 15...
  • Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    Marker:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    MorganGeo:
    She's 15...
    that's problem gents… just sayin'
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah what else do i have to do, either that or mickey mouse club.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I must have missed that event, Did anyone win the Gold ?
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Been enjoying hockey a lot. Women's have been good this year, well USA and Canada, Finland too. Men's just started yesterday. Been dvring them and my evenings have been full of hockey good ness.
  • Options
    Good SO win in hockey this am, USA. Great effort by both teams, good game Russia.

• Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oshie is $ in the shoot out! That was a GREAT game.
  • Options
    bert873:
    Oshie is $ in the shoot out! That was a GREAT game.
    Yeah impressed by him, don't think bob was expecting him to go between the legs again. Good saves by both quick & bob....nice goal by oshie

• Options
    Russia looked good against Norway this a.m. And kudos to bob for the shut out. Hope Russia and US both make it to the gold medal game, would love to see them play each other again.

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG.....I caught myself watching curling....
  • Options
    I watched riots in Kiev. Does that count?