Home Cigar 101

Humidification Suggestions

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
Probably been asked a million times so here goes a million and one. The reason I ask now is to get current info and I didn't find what I wanted in the first 10 pages of searching. I have been using my beads for years and I am sure they are old enough to need replaced. Also been using a jar of gel. What do you guys recommend for humidification upgrade?

I am thinking of Boveda packs but there is more cost there. I like a sense of it being worry free though. I am also thinking of just finding new beads but not sure what is new out there or the best kind to get. Tell me what you suggest and why please. Would also be a big help to new guys.

Comments

• CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Hey Jake.....PM me and I'll give you the lowdown as to changing direction from beads to the next line of humidification. I've used every kind there is and beads are good but even those have a shelf life after about 3 years. Once I discovered KL 3 years ago I started slowly with one humidor....then another and finally I use it in 35 humidors of all sizes...kinds...and it's the best choice I ever made. An 8 pound jug will only set you back about $15 but you'll never run out. This is worry free....you choose the RH% you want and dial it in as I have humidors that range from 62% up to 70% and it works in wood, tupperware, Towers, Coolers, etc.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cigary:
    Hey Jake.....PM me and I'll give you the lowdown as to changing direction from beads to the next line of humidification. I've used every kind there is and beads are good but even those have a shelf life after about 3 years. Once I discovered KL 3 years ago I started slowly with one humidor....then another and finally I use it in 35 humidors of all sizes...kinds...and it's the best choice I ever made. An 8 pound jug will only set you back about $15 but you'll never run out. This is worry free....you choose the RH% you want and dial it in as I have humidors that range from 62% up to 70% and it works in wood, tupperware, Towers, Coolers, etc.
    I have heard of many guys doing this. I will PM you to get specifics.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I like the boveda and bead method...doesn't take up much space at all!!
    Money can't buy taste
    Lee.mcglynn:
    What are the good bead resources now? I can't remember where I got mine or if they are still in business.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    What are the good bead resources now? I can't remember where I got mine or if they are still in business.
    too tell you the truth I've been using orbeez and pg solution. You can get a pound of them pretty cheap and I put 65 bovedas on the bottom too even out the humidity. So far 67-65 are my numbers and I'm happy with that
    Money can't buy taste
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    Ken Light:
    Thank you Ken. I knew I should have searched harder but with everything that has happened this week my mind is still a little numb. Needing to upgrade my humidification this weekend.