Home Non Cigar Related

Mini fridge suggestions

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
Looking to get a mini fridge for my man cave. For drinks and foods. Suggestions?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I can do is offer suggestions since the 3 I have had all sucked.

My 2 biggest complaints are:
    1.Make sure the shelves can support the weight of what you want to put in it, most are cheap wire and they cave.
    2.The freezers will usually get so loaded with ice from moisture they eventually become useless, about 2 months for the one I have now.

The price on some of the new ones are near the cost of a small refrigerator. I will be checking yard sales and auctions for one.
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    This is the kind of thing I'd only buy from Costco… that way I could return it easily if it was a disappointment.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately you will never really find a great mini fridge. As said the shelves are what they are...I'd say replace them also the freezer section will always ice up since it is used as the evaporater for natural convection. Therefore if you can find one that isn't natural convection and good shelving well buy it!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    PAtoNH:
    This is the kind of thing I'd only buy from Costco… that way I could return it easily if it was a disappointment.

No doubts about this!! Costco has a fantastic return policy!!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    flowbee:
    PAtoNH:

yup you'll be exchanging for ever!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    LiquidChaos66:
    Looking to get a mini fridge for my man cave. For drinks and foods. Suggestions?

I found for our usage vs price and convenience a regular fridge from Craig's list or auction.
    We picked up two for $10 at an auction both worked well. I had to replace a compressor but figured I came out OK.
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    Lee.mcglynn:
    flowbee:
    PAtoNH:

yup you'll be exchanging for ever!!
    that may be true, lol!
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Wait about a month and start checking Craigslist for items around the universities, you should be able to get a decent one for almost nothing.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I looked on Craigslist today. Lots of decent deals. Not much cheaper than a new one though. It's gonna be a while before I get one. So plenty of time to shop
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    If your looking for a medium size economical price I would highly recommend a Haier brand. I love mine got it for the same reason as you. Also had a larger one at college with a stainless door that was nice also.