Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Anniversery Genius

New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
So, my wedding anniversary is coming up. I usually suck at gifts, but I got it covered this year! I have a friend who's living in Bahrain right now, getting a beautiful jewelry box made, with my wife's name and our Anniv. date inlaid in Arabic.
I've already told work I won't be there that day (the beauty of government work)! I'm going to disappear for a few hours in the morning, until she goes to work. Come back home, throw on a suit, grab some lunch and flower then head to her work during her lunch.

Comments

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Nice man, sounds like you're gonna make her year!
  • Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    That's sounds like a great gift!!
  • Options
    *Shipping on Monday*

Happy dance
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congrats and that's a great plan. Mine is a few months away myself.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remember, if you set the bar high now, what will you do on your 25th anniversary?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool. Post a picture of the box when it gets here.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Anniversary early. A unique gift is always cool. She should love it and we would like to see a pic.
  • Options
    0patience:
    Just remember, if you set the bar high now, what will you do on your 25th anniversary?
    I like where your head is at Tony.
  • Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    New Boots:
    So, my wedding anniversary is coming up. I usually suck at gifts, but I got it covered this year! I have a friend who's living in Bahrain right now, getting a beautiful jewelry box made, with my wife's name and our Anniv. date inlaid in Arabic.
    I've already told work I won't be there that day (the beauty of government work)! I'm going to disappear for a few hours in the morning, until she goes to work. Come back home, throw on a suit, grab some lunch and flower then head to her work during her lunch.
    That's an excellent gift! Which anniversary is this for you, 5th?
  • Options
    PAtoNH:
    New Boots:
    It will be 12 years
  • Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    New Boots:
    PAtoNH:
    New Boots:
    It will be 12 years
    Good going New Boots, Congratulations are in order!
  • Options
    PAtoNH:
    New Boots:
    PAtoNH:
    New Boots:
    It will be 12 years
    Good going New Boots, Congratulations are in order!
    Uh-oh
  • Options
    Ran me $90 shipped. It's on its way, LETS GO USPS!
  • Options
    We're currently sitting in ILL!
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Congrats... keep it simple like was stated earlier... going to have to raise the bar later... or deep doo doo day.
  • Options
    I always keep a "higher bar" in my pocket. She's a simple woman...makes my life easy
  • Options
    photo 2014-02-24162655.jpg

photo 2014-02-24162713.jpg
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is very nice. She is going to love it. Well done, young man!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    Echambers:
    That is very nice. She is going to love it. Well done, young man!
    All hand painted...and her name, and our Anniv. date - Both in Arabic
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very classy!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    RedRex06RedRex06 Posts: 155
    That's mighty nice, Boots! What made you decide on Arabic? Your wife like the language, or just because that's what Bahrain speaks/writes?
  • Options
    RedRex06:
    That's mighty nice, Boots! What made you decide on Arabic? Your wife like the language, or just because that's what Bahrain speaks/writes?
    I've spent 3+ years in "Arabic Countries, due to work" if you will. So, the premise behind it has a lot of meaning around the house.
  • Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Thats eeally nice man! Nice touch
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    That's really nice and the hand touches will go a long way; it's definitely a special and personalized gift. I can see it being passed down in the family.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very awesome gift indeed brother!!! Positive she will love it,been married 22 years and can vouch that women love the thought more then anything else,having her name and such embellished on their will warm her heart!!! On a side note my first thought was,,,,,wonder how many cigars would fit in there??? Am I the only one who thought that??
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    twistedstem:
    Very awesome gift indeed brother!!! Positive she will love it,been married 22 years and can vouch that women love the thought more then anything else,having her name and such embellished on their will warm her heart!!! On a side note my first thought was,,,,,wonder how many cigars would fit in there??? Am I the only one who thought that??
    I could use it as my "20ct", easy
  • Options
    I broke and gave it to her a day early...she LOVES it...though now she thinks she needs more jewlery!

PS: I got a Walther PPQ 40!