Home Non Cigar Related

I'm turning in to my dad

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
I, somewhat fondly, look back at stuff that my father did and realize that I am becoming him. Maybe it's just a guy thing.He would watch Star Trek and westerns. Lame, I thought. Now I do the same thing. Mom would talk to him for five minutes while he was watching TV, and it would always end with "Doug, are you ignoring me?" To which my dad would say "What? Of course not". I do that now.

Comments

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Happens to us all eventually. My wife says the same thing to me when I'm watching something, or entranced by the CCOM forums (which is convenient, since my name is also Doug). But she doesn't play fair. As soon as she suspects I'm not really listening, she says something like, "...and then the aliens took me up to the mother ship and started running experiments on my brain..." When I continue to nod and say, "Uh huh..." the jig is up!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    One of my favorite verses from a "country" song:

Got drunk with daddy just the other night
    He said he's glad to see I turned out alright
    I hear people saying like father like son
    Don't think about it much, but I worry 'bout it some

I've heard several times recently from people who know both my father and me "boy, you really are your father's son."