Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Any BMW haters out there?

prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
Started my day by backing my plow directly into a new BMW 528. Opened the rear door like a can opener. Idiot pulled in behind me while I was plowing my parking lot.

The best part, I just changed my insurance company 2/4 and gave up my accident forgiveness. Oh and he is a tenant of mine- an attorney no less. This should be interesting....

Comments

• Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Holy Cow!!

Not much room for error left there, Good luck man!
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Well, good luck with that scum sucker. Shoulda kept going backward!
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    allsmokedup:
    ... then forward... then backward... then forward... then backward...
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    allsmokedup:
    ... then forward... then backward... then forward... then backward...
    That's great.

My wife used to work for a Beemer Dealer. Stories, oh the stories. Starting with people who pay cash for their 16 year old kid's brand new birthday present...I just shake my head. What happened to a 10 year old Honda Accord?
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Bmw sucks. Pee on them !
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I'm a proud Bimmer owner. I use to race a Spec E30 and then an E36. I spent every dime I had to do it, learned how to do the work myself, poured my heart into those cars. Not every BMW owner is a tool. Now I can agree there are more than a few douches out there that drive BMW's, especially the jack ass that parked behind a working snowplow, but that dude would be an idiot in a Toyota too.
  • Options
    RedRex06RedRex06 Posts: 155
    Yeap, I'm a big fan of BMW's as well, E46 chassis and older. That really sucks about your insurance though,hopefully it won't be as bad as it could be!
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    German cars=soft metal=tin can vs truck!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    You're already paying for the car....plow the crap out of it!
  • Options
    I have to admit I kind of chuckled this morning when I saw it in the lot again. Rear drivers door completely creased and torn open. Rear quarter pounded pretty good to. Not a scratch on my plow ; )

I guess I will probably stop laughing when I get the bill.

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    That's awesome you destroyed someone's car that is only worth about $5000. They chose a car that is nicer than a Civic or Corolla but is far far nicer. Stupid people that got more for their money than some other plain vanilla Toyota owner. That's rad. Super cool. Remind me not to park my wife's Mercedes by you, because really, we own a Mercedes because we are better than you, not because I bought a way nicer car than a Honda Odyssey for less money. I'm going to go be better than you right now. Hey Jiunn, wanna join me in your super **** douchewagon you entitled rich kid with no education.......
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    That's awesome you destroyed someone's car that is only worth about $5000. They chose a car that is nicer than a Civic or Corolla but is far far nicer. Stupid people that got more for their money than some other plain vanilla Toyota owner. That's rad. Super cool. Remind me not to park my wife's Mercedes by you, because really, we own a Mercedes because we are better than you, not because I bought a way nicer car than a Honda Odyssey for less money. I'm going to go be better than you right now. Hey Jiunn, wanna join me in your super **** douchewagon you entitled rich kid with no education.......
    one sec. let me put on my matching burberry jump suit and ferragamos sneakers. gimmve 2 hours.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sucks, pross.

Just proves that because a person has $$ and an advanced education (lawyer) doesn't mean they have any common sense.

Seriously... who the he!! is dumb enough to pull right behind a plow. Idiot.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    I've got nothing against BMWs, but I hate lawyers. A lot.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    allsmokedup:

++++++++++++++++++ 1

Aren't almost all democrats lawyers..?
  • Options
    dennisking:

You lost be a bit there Dennis. Really, I did not venture out in a blizzard to go to my own parking lot in the early morning and trash a a vehicle because it was nice. Just so happened that the biggest moron that day happened to be driving a Bimmer.

Sneak in behind me with your Mercedes, Odyssey, or Yugo for that matter and I will prove I am an equal opportunity destroyer of property belonging to idiots.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    allsmokedup:

++++++++++++++++++ 1

Aren't almost all politicians lawyers..?
    fixed it for you

If every trash man died mysteriously overnight, we'd have a plague of typhus in two weeks. If every liar (I spell the word phonetically for clarity) were to die mysteriously overnight, grown men would dance in the streets tomorrow morning. Odd how such personable and intelligent people engage in a profession so despised. What is it liars do which has always earned them such universal obloquy? ...

Lawyers teach us that the only difference between right and wrong is what you can get away with.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    pross:
    dennisking:

You lost be a bit there Dennis. Really, I did not venture out in a blizzard to go to my own parking lot in the early morning and trash a a vehicle because it was nice. Just so happened that the biggest moron that day happened to be driving a Bimmer.

Sneak in behind me with your Mercedes, Odyssey, or Yugo for that matter and I will prove I am an equal opportunity destroyer of property belonging to idiots.

Your original tone sounded like you were gloating over running over some dudes car, albeit a person who doesn't know how to park. Regardless, if I made a parking mistake and got hit with a plow, I would be without a car. That may not matter to you. It may matter to that guy. I personally hate stupid people more than anything in this world but if I damaged someone's personal property, I would be remorseful and not gloating, regardless of their poor parking and decision making skills.
  • Options
    dennisking:
    pross:
    dennisking:

Your original tone sounded like you were gloating over running over some dudes car, albeit a person who doesn't know how to park. Regardless, if I made a parking mistake and got hit with a plow, I would be without a car. That may not matter to you. It may matter to that guy. I personally hate stupid people more than anything in this world but if I damaged someone's personal property, I would be remorseful and not gloating, regardless of their poor parking and decision making skills.

I rarely gloat over things that may cost me 5-10k. Yes he will have his car in the shop for a while, and will be driving a very nice rental at my expense. His car will be returned to him shiny and as new.

I will need to make the choice as to whether to lose my perfect driving record and put in a claim on a policy that is 9 days old and pay years of increased premiums, or come out of pocket for about 5-10k.

He decided to drive a rear wheel drive skateboard into the face of a 100% whiteout blizzard long before roads and lots were clear and pull directly into the path of a plow in reverse. Bear in mind he was the only idiot on the road, let alone my lot. 100% empty 50 car lot. His rationale for parking directly next to me? It was the only spot plowed!! I was just trying to get my lot cleared for my tenants - he was keeping his shoes dry. You will have to kindly excuse me if I show too little remorse.

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    dennisking:
    one sec. let me put on my matching burberry jump suit and ferragamos sneakers. gimmve 2 hours.
    Plain vanilla Toyota owner? Ummmm yeah I can see that. I've had my Tacoma Prerunner for 14 yrs and never parked it in the garage. It used to be white.

Joon, don't forget your Raybans you super **** douchebag rich kid.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    dennisking:
    Plain vanilla Toyota owner? Ummmm yeah I can see that. I've had my Tacoma Prerunner for 14 yrs and never parked it in the garage. It used to be white.

Daniel your not a super **** douchebag, if it was for experimentation.......
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    dennisking:

raybans what's wrong with them? I do like my wiley X's a ton better though! And I drive a broke down acura lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    dennisking:

raybans what's wrong with them? I do like my wiley X's a ton better though! And I drive a broke down acura lol
    let me guess, you use them to go fishing Lol
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    pross:
    dennisking:
    pross:
    dennisking:

I rarely gloat over things that may cost me 5-10k. Yes he will have his car in the shop for a while, and will be driving a very nice rental at my expense. His car will be returned to him shiny and as new.

I will need to make the choice as to whether to lose my perfect driving record and put in a claim on a policy that is 9 days old and pay years of increased premiums, or come out of pocket for about 5-10k.

He decided to drive a rear wheel drive skateboard into the face of a 100% whiteout blizzard long before roads and lots were clear and pull directly into the path of a plow in reverse. Bear in mind he was the only idiot on the road, let alone my lot. 100% empty 50 car lot. His rationale for parking directly next to me? It was the only spot plowed!! I was just trying to get my lot cleared for my tenants - he was keeping his shoes dry. You will have to kindly excuse me if I show too little remorse.

Well, in the end, it's your money, directly or indirectly. I guess you can feel how you want.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    jd50ae:
    allsmokedup:

++++++++++++++++++ 1

Aren't almost all politicians lawyers..?
    fixed it for you

If every trash man died mysteriously overnight, we'd have a plague of typhus in two weeks. If every liar (I spell the word phonetically for clarity) were to die mysteriously overnight, grown men would dance in the streets tomorrow morning. Odd how such personable and intelligent people engage in a profession so despised. What is it liars do which has always earned them such universal obloquy? ...

Lawyers teach us that the only difference between right and wrong is what you can get away with.

This always cracks me up. Don't get me wrong, I"m not a fan of lawyers but they're no better or worse in most cases than any other profession. I've met as many dirt bag doctors, fisherman, teachers or cops (I come from a family of cops) as I have lawyers, bottom line we're all human. And there are two problems I have with the hatred of lawyers: 1) the modern American battle cry is not "Give me liberty or give me death!" it's "I'll sue your ass!" and it's all sides: conservative, liberal, communist, libertarian, yankees fan, or packers cheeseheads. And 2) the dumbest verdicts on the planet have not been given by lawyers, they're handed down by jurors. If the jurors, which are direct reflections of our culture, chose not to give stupid awards in civil cases those cases would cease to be filed.

And it's not the lawyers that teach us it's only wrong if you get caught, that's our society. How many business men voluntarily turn themselves in for defrauding their customers until the FBI comes for them? How many preachers have come forward and confessed their misdeeds until the news reporter is on their doorstep? How many teachers have come forward to confess molesting their students until they're in cuffs? And don't forget, lawyers have done good things. Look at Thurgood Marshall, Ghandi, Nelson Mandela or even Steve Young, or Francis Scott Key.... Sorry, end of jacking

I totally sympathize with the plowing, my grandpa used to make money over winter by hiring himself and his excavation equip out during winter to do snow removal, it is amazing how stupid and self-absorbed people can get in these circumstances. I used to laugh my butt off at the people who used to pass us as we were plowing a mountain pass and then beg us to pull them out of the ditch when they ran off the road later. We always did, but only after my grandfather made them explain what they had done wrong and promise not to do it again, AND personally apologize to whoever had to wait behind us while we pulled them out.
  • Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    MVW67:
    Daniel your not a super **** douchebag, if it was for experimentation.......
    It was college… everyone was trying out super **** douchebaggery.
  • Options
    Bat-mastersonBat-masterson Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    Don't care for their cars but only ride their bikes