Home Pipes

H&H Classic Anniv. Kake

christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
Does this tobaccy have a full flavor? I dont like burley that is mild in taste.

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe this is a Virginia Perique blend. It's pretty flavorful as far as Va's go. Not anything like a burley though.

I thought you already tried this one and liked it a lot? Or am I crazy? Mentioned in the cellaring thread.

Oh, or did you mean Classic Burley Kake? If so, it is more of an aro. Topped with rum, cocoa, and anise. It's very good, but does have a somewhat heavy flavoring. You get some of the burley cocoa flavor as well, but there are other blends that showcase a more "natural" burley taste.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Gray4lines:
    I believe this is a Virginia Perique blend. It's pretty flavorful as far as Va's go. Not anything like a burley though.

I thought you already tried this one and liked it a lot? Or am I crazy? Mentioned in the cellaring thread.

Oh, or did you mean Classic Burley Kake? If so, it is more of an aro. Topped with rum, cocoa, and anise. It's very good, but does have a somewhat heavy flavoring. You get some of the burley cocoa flavor as well, but there are other blends that showcase a more "natural" burley taste.
    +1. Burley can be very mild if you want burley that has a full flavor you might want to consider the dark fired version of it. When it goes through that process most call it Kentucky. It will not have the cocoa flavor, at least I have not picked it up yet but it is very good and fairly strong for pipe tobacco.
  • christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:

Sorry I meant burley kake.