Home General Discussion
Options

oh no

I’ve gone and placed an order (55cigars) And I’ve nowhere to put them :o It will be a couple of weeks before i get the order through i would imagine so i best get hunting for (another) a humidor. the mrs isn’t going to be at all happy. she’s trying to limit me to 1 cigar a month :O i think ive got her down to agreeing to 1 a week ( that she knows of) even then though she won’t be happy, i can hear her now, 'more cigars? but you got some last month? :s why do you need 10 years supply worth of cigars' oh well hopefully she won’t be around when i get my package :p

Comments

• Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    lol. 1 a month? boo! I have the same problem - I just got off the phone with Jeff Jackson and have 26 in coming. I've got to put together a coolidor.
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    so if hes not reading my email now i know who to blame :p lol yer 1 a month shes having a laugh. maybe in the winter i might only have 1-4 a month but summer months ive been known to have 4 in an evening.
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    TatuajeVI:
    lol. 1 a month? boo! I have the same problem - I just got off the phone with Jeff Jackson and have 26 in coming. I've got to put together a coolidor.
    ive got beads coming in today... building that coolerdor tonight! im outta room too!
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Next time your wife gives you crap, tell her that you simply need a hobby, and that is smoking a cigar. Some men's hobbies are messing around on their wife. Let her know that you have no problem putting the cigar down, but you can't make any promises since your hobby is gone.
  • Options
    haha sounds like a good idea:p we're not married though just "dating" long term. around here mrs just means you know like girlfriend, fianc
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    ha, already putting limits on what you can do, sounds like a red flag to me... though just my opinion. My wife isn't a huge fan of cigars but every now and again she enjoys the aroma. She's never put a cap on me but if she did I wouldn't listen. She does give me some crap if I am smoking everyday but that doesn't happen all too often. When I went camping earlier in the summer I had 3 a day along with a crap load of beer and alcohol. Between my friend, my wife, and his GF we emptied 2 fifths a night... It was great. Oh and I might add that my herf-ador was awesome for the trip. Thanks to ccom for the great combo w/ the titans.
  • Options
    sol1821:
    we're not married though just "dating" long term.
    She doesn't own your balls yet! ...or does she? ;)
  • Options
    NYHCx516x:
    TatuajeVI:
    ive got beads coming in today... building that coolerdor tonight! im outta room too!
    I just went out and bought a good size cooler and a bunch of empty cigar boxes. This weekend should be a good one to work on building this guy. Time to buy some beads!
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    TatuajeVI:
    NYHCx516x:
    TatuajeVI:
    I just went out and bought a good size cooler and a bunch of empty cigar boxes. This weekend should be a good one to work on building this guy. Time to buy some beads!
    That is the plan. and yea, the weather is iffy at best, so it wont be too bad staying inside and playing around
  • Options
    NYHCx516x:
    TatuajeVI:
    NYHCx516x:
    TatuajeVI:
    That is the plan. and yea, the weather is iffy at best, so it wont be too bad staying inside and playing around
    Yeah, I hope tomorrow doesn't suck. Going to the Michigan/Indiana football game. :)

Beads are on their way now. Cooler is airing out - I got lucky. It's brand new and barely has any plasticy smell. The people at WallMart must have thought I was psycho as I sniffed every cooler in the store.
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    time to get a p.o. box haha
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    sol1821:
    I’ve gone and placed an order (55cigars) And I’ve nowhere to put them :o It will be a couple of weeks before i get the order through i would imagine so i best get hunting for (another) a humidor. the mrs isn’t going to be at all happy. she’s trying to limit me to 1 cigar a month :O i think ive got her down to agreeing to 1 a week ( that she knows of) even then though she won’t be happy, i can hear her now, 'more cigars? but you got some last month? :s why do you need 10 years supply worth of cigars' oh well hopefully she won’t be around when i get my package :p
    Ive said it before and I'll say it again. GROW SOME BALLS
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Hey, they' be better than cash once civilization collapses. I figure between cigars and ammo I'll be a millionaire after the apocalypse.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    my wife ca cant get over the fact she thinks cigar is just a big ass cigarette, pisses me off to no end. Frankly, im getting tired of it. I told her flat out, get over it, I like cigars and im not stopping. She didn't like that too much, but I don't give a ***.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    zoom6zoom:
    Hey, they' be better than cash once civilization collapses. I figure between cigars and ammo I'll be a millionaire after the apocalypse.
    You and I are gonna get along great!
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    sol1821:
    Answer to your problem; Get a new girl! Then buy more cigars to celebrate! jk
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    NYHCx516x:
    TatuajeVI:
    NYHCx516x:
    TatuajeVI:
    Yeah, I hope tomorrow doesn't suck. Going to the Michigan/Indiana football game. :)

Beads are on their way now. Cooler is airing out - I got lucky. It's brand new and barely has any plasticy smell. The people at WallMart must have thought I was psycho as I sniffed every cooler in the store.
    Stuff the cooler with newspaper for a day, it will get rid of any plastic smell.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Very nice order!!!

I'd say go with a cooler that way you can appease her that you didn't blow a bunch of money on the humi.

Plus... Tell her that she can only have one **** a month... That's what a cigar is "Like" to some guys, so you can smoke as much as she gets off... (Unless your bad in bed, then this tactic wouldn't work)
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    Very nice order!!!

I'd say go with a cooler that way you can appease her that you didn't blow a bunch of money on the humi.

Plus... Tell her that she can only have one **** a month... That's what a cigar is "Like" to some guys, so you can smoke as much as she gets off... (Unless your bad in bed, then this tactic wouldn't work)
    lol to be fair that wouldn’t work for me as sex is such a precious commodity that when it comes around there’s no way I’m saying no. she’s also trying to make me get rid of my guns and stop drinking as much beer. suppose i should trade her in. but the sex is good. oh no wait, i can’t even say that:(
  • Options
    idk bro I gotta keep my gf from smokin my stash! whats worse??? hahaha she just got some DPG Cuban Classics I guess im gonna have to dig in her stash ahaha Cheers Nick
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    nickgonzo:
    I guess im gonna have to dig in her stash
    Mustache??? Hee HEE!!!
  • Options
    oh no again ive just bought another humidor http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260478938689&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT it was a complete impulse buy i didn't really want it that much. oh well it can be my aging humidor
  • Options
    sol1821:
    Lasabar:
    Very nice order!!!

lol to be fair that wouldn’t work for me as sex is such a precious commodity that when it comes around there’s no way I’m saying no. she’s also trying to make me get rid of my guns and stop drinking as much beer. suppose i should trade her in. but the sex is good. oh no wait, i can’t even say that:(
    Wow, so let's see. She hates that you smoke cigars. She wants you to get rid of your guns. She doesn't put out. And she wants you to drink less beer! Why are you still dating her? I've been married two years now and my wife knows better than to demand stupid $hit like that. But it's got to start early in the relationship where you need let her know, "Leave my friends and my hobbies the hell alone unless you want to be left alone."

As I remember from the "how old are you" thread you are 19 or 20. Learn from me - I made the same mistakes at your age and regret ever staying with a few different girlfriends over the years. Most women are a waste of time, money, and energy. I am lucky and found a great one.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Tat, you sound like craig. Personally, I think family, friends, and anybody who isn't really into the lifestyle will give you crap for smoking cigars. Women are no different. My family demands things from me all the time, I just only listen when it's important or when I want to. The same, I'd imagine, goes for girls; if they demand too much, and you just do what you want to do, they'll either leave you or stay with you; the former, aren't worth having, the later are.

Then again, I'm biased since I have the most awesome girlfriend ever. She likes drinking with me and my friends, she likes to take puffs from my cigars (but she says she could never finish one herself, meaning my stash is safe!) and shes incredibly beautiful. Epic win.

• Options
    I agree with you beta - I get crap from my family/friends etc for my hobbies, and from my wife as well. But from what I can gather from your post above, we see things a bit differently when it comes to dating. If they demand too much, I wouldn't just "do what I do" and hope she sticks around. It's not worth getting whined at the rest of our relationship. My point is simple: early on in a relationship, both partners need to express they have their own set of hobbies/interests/friends and the other person needs to embrace those things, or at the very least shut up about them. It's not necessarily "too late" if this doesn't happen early on, but it sure makes things easier.

Sounds like you got a WINNER of a girlfriend! They are few and far between.
  • Options
    Oh, and this is incredibly appropriate:
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Oh, and this is incredibly appropriate:
    ha ha that's exilant:D
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Ok you guys, try being married for 32 years ( 3 of the best years of my life - Rodney Dangerfield) and THEN picking up this habit...I mean hobby! But she's been good about it. By the time you get to this stage, you've been thru so much this is just something that amuses her. As long as she keeps smilin I'll keep smokin. Of course when I got back from Chicago she said "the car smells like cigars".........uh, yeaahhh!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    MarkH:
    ... Of course when I got back from Chicago she said "the car smells like cigars".........uh, yeaahhh!
    Csonka makes an Air Purifier for your car for about $40. ive been eying one for a few months now...
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    MarkH:
    ... Of course when I got back from Chicago she said "the car smells like cigars".........uh, yeaahhh!

Csonka makes an Air Purifier for your car for about $40. ive been eying one for a few months now...

Yeah Kuzi, but I've been leary of having a free ozone generator in the car. Ozone does a great job of destroying organic molecules in the lungs as well as those in the air. But maybe while the car sits over night would be best. Csonka doesn't say how much ozone is generated by these things.