Home General Discussion
Options

Age differences?

So a while ago someone started the post Whats your age?. it got me noticing that there is a gab in ages with most of us being in our twenties. Then followed up by people in their forties. There wasn't to many people in their thirties. Is this because its almost like a resurgence in ages. People during that decade of thirty year old don't have much interest in cigars. For some odd reason or is it because guys are the age of having kids and not being able to have the extra income?

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    There's some guys around here who are elderly and saw the pyramids... (maddy).. hehe. I I don't think there is a reason or anything but more of just who is here. I don't frequent my local shop too much but when I do I usually see older people there, 50's and such. I usually feel weird going there as I'm 27 and wondering around while there are old farts all over. Though I've never met a A-hole in a cigar shop...
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey I am 35 and most of my cigar smoking friends are in their thirties. Us thirty-somethings love them too.
  • Options
    ...for some reason I thought 30 to 40 was the non cigar years..
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of us in our 60's enjoy cigars. I've smoked cigars through most decades, although I must admit I smoked machine made cigars.

My 20 year old son got me into smoking real cigars and I really enjoy them. I've learned a lot from everyone here, especially from the young whipper snappers. LOL I guess it's something that spans the generation gap.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    ...for some reason I thought 30 to 40 was the non cigar years..
    What are you talking about? Those are the prime cigar years, lol.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually didn't get into cigars heavy until my 30s. Man my 20s were so wasted. Oh well..... making up for it now ;)
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    Im 31 and really got into cigars towards my late 20's and havent slowed down since
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I'm 34 and just got into cigars this year. I act 54 though. Get off my lawn.
  • Options
    I'm 33 and just started getting into smoking cigars on a regular basis about a year ago (so then 32). Well, I say regular when I had a "regular" job of 40 hours a week and a little extra cash. Thankfully no I do not have kids cause I just started going back to school. And yes all my high school buddies my age have kids! Most have at least 1! Anyway, I enjoy smoking cigars when they fit in my budget, and I enjoy trying new brands. I do like the cigar more on the mild side and Nub is one of my favorites. Has anyone tried the new Nub Maduro?
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    haha, I guess ask and ye shall receive Welder. But if it makes you feel any better, I am 27 so theres one more tally for the young gun 20-somethings
  • Options
    So has anybody tried the new Nub Maduro?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kurtc76:
    I have...in my opinion, it is very average in terms of maduro cigars. Then again, I don't think any of the Nubs are anything special.
  • Options
    does anyone have any suggestions on a "mild" cigar that's under say $6?
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    kurtc76:
    I have...in my opinion, it is very average in terms of maduro cigars. Then again, I don't think any of the Nubs are anything special.
    I'll go along with that one. I like the conni, the maduro isn't bad but for the price there are much better cigars out there.
  • Options
    Has anyone tried any of the Drew Estate cigars? Seem like more of a flavored stogie to me rather than an actual cigar. You know, kinda like the Phillies Blunts you find in the gas stations. "would you like cherry, sour apple, rasberry, blueberry or a peach "cigar" to go with that 6 pack of Milwaukees Best sir?" No disrespect to anyone that smokes Drew Estate cigars at all, really. Just my thinking. Which I shouldn't do. Just seems to get me in trouble.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Iam 33 and have been into cigars for about 6 years ..... kurtc as far as a mild cigar for less than 6 bucks a stick ............. you have an insane amount of options 5vegas gold great stick around 3.50-5.00 , Oliva conneticut reserve right around 6 bucks, the ccom purple label for 3.00, Carlos Torano Casa Torano's right around 6 bucks, or even the perdomo lot 23 conneticut's for about 6 bucks ....... also my advice ..... iam a night owl i work till 10pm and stay up til 1230 so i always check the daily deal ...... you can get some great deals on 5 packs and if you do 2 you get free shipping ...... a great way to try some new stuff bro ...... hope this helps ........ now get off my lawn
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I'm 27, look 33 and act stoopid...

Not a good combo....

p.s. I'M ON YOUR LAWN!
  • Options
    AyatoAyato Posts: 53
    I am 34 and have been enjoying cigars on a regular basis for about two years. My wife encourages me to continue because of the positive effect on my mood.....lol
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I was born when the Dead Sea was just starting to feel bad ...
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    kurtc76:
    does anyone have any suggestions on a "mild" cigar that's under say $6?
    Verdadero Organic
    5 Vegas Gold
    Oliva Connecticut Reserve
    Rocky Patel Connecticut

these are a few of my favorite milder cigars
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    LMAO

I'm 39 but act 25 so I really don't see age as a big deal.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Or "When the Dead sea was just... "Hey, is this water a little salty?"
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    Or "When the Dead sea was just... "Hey, is this water a little salty?"
    Fracking Hysterical!!!
    By the way I'm 36, been into cigars off and on since I was about 24. Got more seriously into cigars in the last couple of years.
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    19 years of age...what am i doing with my life an average month of cigars is running me $100 minimum. but hey...its worth it without a doubt in my mind.
  • Options
    I'm one of the youngins...just turned 20 in June.
  • Options
    ScottUScottU Posts: 194
    Thewelder:
    is it because guys are the age of having kids and not being able to have the extra income?

I'm 22 with a wife and baby, and I still enjoy good smokes!
  • Options
    I as well im 22 years young, with a wife and soon a baby :-)    I tried my first cigar about a year and half ago, never looked back since...          In fact i think im going to enjoy a 5 vegas right now!
  • Options
    I'll be 56 tomorrow and haave been smoking cigars for about 13 yrs, but you want to know what a crying shame is, when I was in the Navy, I spend alot of time in Spain and never smoked a Cuban cigar while I was there. I was only interested in chasing women and getting drunk and not necessarily in that order. Hindsight is 20/20.Sad [:(]
  • Options
    I'm 53 and my step-son, who is now 26, turned me on to the pleasures of herfing a couple of years ago. We're going to enjoy a couple of Ghurka Legends tonight!
  • Options
    CigarDisciple:
    I'll be 56 tomorrow and haave been smoking cigars for about 13 yrs, but you want to know what a crying shame is, when I was in the Navy, I spend alot of time in Spain and never smoked a Cuban cigar while I was there. I was only interested in chasing women and getting drunk and not necessarily in that order. Hindsight is 20/20.Sad [:(]
    HAPPY BURFDAY!!! (early)