Options

E-15 Gas Warning

Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
New gas coming to gas stations.
Watch this video if you have a car older than 2012

Comments

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get what the big deal is...other than the typical 24/7 cable news hype and fear-mongering...this is a non-story IMO.

The E15 is coming out of a separate pump....
    Just like E85, E50, E30, or even Diesel....

Soo...if your car can't handle E15, don't use it. Not sure? Check your owner's manual or ask your local service shop.
    Pretty simple if you ask me.

I wouldn't select the "diesel" pump for my subaru's gasoline engine because I know it won't work....
    Why would someone select the E15 pump if they weren't sure. You still have the normal 87/93/etc octanes, it's not like they're being taken away and getting replaced with E15 and we're all effed.

I don't get it ... are people that stupid?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Yes people are that stupid IMO...
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    jgibv:
    Yes....they are. If the price is cheaper, they will use it. End story.
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    jgibv:
    Yes....they are. If the price is cheaper, they will use it. End story.
    give them one try. Then they'll know. Better next time.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already avoid ethanol gas pumps, (which is getting harder to do) because I can feel the difference when I drive. Cheaper ain't always a good thing.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    taythegibs:
    Yes people are that stupid IMO...
    photo 41A14929-E1F2-4E19-9813-24EF59A768F8.png
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Yes they are, and people have intelligence in different areas. Ask me about guns and i won't be able to tell you jack *** because my intelligence on guns is very limited. Ask me about the golf swing, bonds, annuities, stock, greek, or analyzing a company to determine how they're doing financially then I can help you.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanatos0320:
    jgibv:
    Yes they are, and people have intelligence in different areas. Ask me about guns and i won't be able to tell you jack *** because my intelligence on guns is very limited. Ask me about the golf swing, bonds, annuities, stock, greek, or analyzing a company to determine how they're doing financially then I can help you.
    I hear ya bro.

I don't know much about cars....but damn, if people are stupid enough to put in a fuel they don't know about, wow, they deserve the troubles they encounter. Seriously.
    Bet those same people would try to put in diesel too if it was the cheapest....idiots.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure most fuel in my area contains 10% ethanol already. The only place I've found E0 is at a race track. Before you know it E15 will be the standard. Popular Mechanics had a good article about the effects of ethanol in fuel and why we have to use it.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/alternative-fuel/biofuels/e15-gasoline-damage-engine
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gee, ya think car makers and dealers might be pushing its use..?
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    I already avoid ethanol gas pumps, (which is getting harder to do) because I can feel the difference when I drive. Cheaper ain't always a good thing.
    Not only feel the difference, count the difference. On my vehicles 10% Ethanol has meant at least 10% drop in mileage. Also, look at how the pumps are now, one hose for all blends. That means that every time I fill up the bike with 93 octane, I'm getting a quart of someones elses 87 octane for the 93 price. I think BP owes me about 1,000 gallons of premium by now.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    I only use premium with octane boost. Takes my stock burb to almost 750 miles between fill ups.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    macs-smokes:
    I only use premium with octane boost. Takes my stock burb to almost 750 miles between fill ups.
    Jeezus son! It must be like a second mortgage to fill that thing!