Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Motion sickness/anti-nausea stuff

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
Going on my first chartered fishin trip for my brothers bachelor party weekend. And recommendations for motion sickness and anti-nausea meds that I don't need a prescription for?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never got motion sickness before, but the old man used to keep Dramamine in the galley on the boat for the greenhorns. No idea if it works or not.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Never got motion sickness before, but the old man used to keep Dramamine in the galley on the boat for the greenhorns. No idea if it works or not.
    It works. Also, compazine.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    I use dramamine every time i go charter fishing, i love to fish just cant take the motion.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I dont get it either-----but when I go on a cruise or fishing, I see alot of people with the little patch thingy behind their ear. Based on the volume doing it----and not appearing ill----I am guessing it works.
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Dramamine. It's never failed me on a boat or on a plane.

The key to it is that you have to take it at least an hour before you get on board--it takes that long to work. It may also leave you very sleepy, so you might not want to drink too much--oh, wait, this is a bachelor's party, right? Well, just bring a sleeping bag with you. :)
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    The charter just contacted me and recommended taking motion sickness meds the night before andan hour before setting out. Gonna get te Dramamine and hope for the best. Lol
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My tip is to just not think about it.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    I've used dramamine and ginger tabs before and didn't get sick.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't focus on the wave caps!! Get a comfy pair of shoes! Good luck!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And if ya taste something hairy in your mouth, swallow quickly or you'll turn yourself inside- out..... LOL
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    The smelloils of citrus fruits will also prevent nausea. Either apply just under the nose, or scratch the skin of the fruit and keep smelling it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I want to throw up just looking at the tea cups at Disneyland. Google if needed. I called my docto and he prescribed the ear patch everyone recommends. The key to all anti seasickness is to get it in your system we'll in advance of hitting the water. I'm talking hours here, not as you walk on the boat like most people. I put the patch on the night before and woke up with the most common side effect if cotton mouth. That was fine as I knew it was in my system. I then had the best time ever on a boat (parents had a sailboat) and never got sick. I actually rolled with the waves like it was a ride. Do what I did and you'll have fun. Also, I really spent no time in the inside if the boat, that helped too. Oh, it was a 3/4 day trip.