Home General Discussion

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures...

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
OK... the cigars in the humi are calling my name, but the snow keeps piling up outside and the temperature continues to dip toward single digits... Thinking it's time for extreme measures... 2-4 more inches expected overnight on top of the 14 already in the backyard. Tomorrow, I may need to build one of these...

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Iglooador?
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is awesome. Would love to have that much snow for a few days at least.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trust me... it gets old.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • The_PhantomThe_Phantom Posts: 51
    Cool! or should I say, Cold? ;o)
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ready for Spring, yard work, fire pits, BBQ, sitting on the deck, fishing, and so much more. Snow is melting here and we have been in the 50's and the temps are supposed to stay pretty nice.
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    Love the igloo Puff! Was it warmer inside??
    PAtoNH:
    Just an idea I saw on the interwebs. Haven't built one yet. But if this snow keeps up, I may have to.
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Come on over, ive got about the same amount of snow here in Long Island Puff, we can iglooador and herf it up
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    Puff_Dougie:
    PAtoNH:
    Just an idea I saw on the interwebs. Haven't built one yet. But if this snow keeps up, I may have to.
    I could build one here at this point but my enthusiasm for digging in the snow has waned. :)
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Only one more month of winter here. First day over 35 since December 1st. Then back down to below zero later in the week. Can I get a whoop whoop?
  • dandin1dandin1 Posts: 175
    I think we will finally get a week where the temp doesn't go below 40 here in Louisiana, but you should definitely make the iglooador. That's pretty awesome.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We got a couple more inches of climate change last night. Next few days it's supposed to turn balmy. Fingers crossed.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Marker:
    Only one more month of winter here. First day over 35 since December 1st. Then back down to below zero later in the week. Can I get a whoop whoop?
    Whoop Whoop!!