Home Non Cigar Related

OtterBox v. Ballistic v. Trident v. ???

MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
Anyone have any good recommendations for a case for a new cell phone? I want one that acts as a holster and it needs to be under $40. Otterbox has the reputation, but Ballistic is tons cheaper; however the reviews consistently talk about the holster clip breaking. Trident is smaller, but seems to make a good product.
Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.

Comments

• jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    I've had two Otterbox cases for the iPhone and at $50 you'd expect it to not break, but both holsters broke on me.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    I had a trident... it was OK but to bulky for me... 3 years same phone no case I'm OK with that.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd go life proof! Kinda pricey but damn!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I'd go life proof! Kinda pricey but damn!!
    Don't make it for my phone.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had good results with OtterBox on two differentl iPhones. They're cheaper on eBay......
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    I've had otterboxes on my last and current iPhones, don't use a holster but I've dropped the old one a couple times and didn't even ding the case.
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I swear by OtterBox. I won't use any other case. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. I've dropped it numerous times, and not a scratch. The screen cover that came with the case is amazing...the case it self is a beast.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trident is just as good as Otterbox and less bulky and better priced. We switched to Trident 2 or 3 phones ago and won't buy anything else. I have had Otterbox and liked them but the rubber pieces always stretched and lost their shape and I was never hard on them. We have 3 phones with Trident and couldn't be happier. Great deals on Ebay on any of them. Just don't buy from Hong Kong or some cheap knockoff.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just like the name: Otterbox.

But you gotta admit, when you look at a little handful of plastic, then you look at the price, you gotta wonder WTF.

I've had three Otterboxes, all bullet proof. Got one now -- Moto X. I never use the screen saver cause that gorilla glass is impervious anyway. Never had a scratch. Would never use a holster cause I'm not that much a dweeb. ... tho I prolly am.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    The Otterbox cases are great, never had a problem when dropping the phone, it's the holsters I've had problems with. And definitely get a good case, not worth cheaping out on a case that might look good but do nothing for protection. One day I took my boring Otterbox case off to add the Graycliff case I got at Cigarfest and promptly dropped it smashing the face. After the cost of replacing the screen I swore I'd never not have good protection on it.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    I just like the name: Otterbox.

But you gotta admit, when you look at a little handful of plastic, then you look at the price, you gotta wonder WTF.

I've had three Otterboxes, all bullet proof. Got one now -- Moto X. I never use the screen saver cause that gorilla glass is impervious anyway. Never had a scratch. Would never use a holster cause I'm not that much a dweeb. ... tho I prolly am.

I have the Moto X and didn't realize it was gorilla glass! And I read through all the stats. I love the security of it on my tablet (Asus Transformer). I usually just use a leather belt clip holster instead of one built onto a case for the phone, but I'm getting the drops in my "old age".