Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Dumb pics

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Options
    jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Probably a random person taking pic while Mommy is off to the side texting her BFF or perusing Facebook on her cellphone and is oblivious to it all.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no caption required, the Zen of dumb pics. Bob, Zen-master.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amos Umwhat:
    But wait, there's more. LOL

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Amos Umwhat:
    But wait, there's more. LOL

Guess what? We've got at least a whole generation who have yet to figure out what the sun visor is for. And the beat goes on......
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    photo 3C45EE14-4F14-47EC-8ABA-58E8CA155F08.jpg
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    photo 3C45EE14-4F14-47EC-8ABA-58E8CA155F08.jpg
    That guy is awesome.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options

There's a bunch of other things here in addition to dumb. But yeah,...........whole lot o' of dumb.

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I got caught at the gas station yesterday, so I'm out there saluting. I wish that civilians would at least stop driving while soldiers are getting out of their cars to salute.PS - I don't care that she's not saluting, but don't post it on FB. Silly Private. The E4 Mafia does not want you.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    I got caught at the gas station yesterday, so I'm out there saluting. I wish that civilians would at least stop driving while soldiers are getting out of their cars to salute.PS - I don't care that she's not saluting, but don't post it on FB. Silly Private. The E4 Mafia does not want you.
    effing ****, that's kinda my take on it too. If you want to be dumbass that's one thing, keep it off social media so you do t drag the rest of us down with you. P.S, props for putting your name tag in clear view...
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Rain:

She is facing prison time......the ranks did not find it even a little bit amusing.
  • Options
    Where did you see the prison time thing? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm very skeptical. The most she can really get is a counseling telling her not to do it again. Unless they use...The Department of Defense Uniform Code of Military Justice states that in regard to social media posts, soldiers must not post any photos or comments that could reflect negatively on the army. "It is important that all soldiers know that once they log on to a social media platform, they still represent the Army. The best way to think about it is, if you wouldn't say it in formation or to your leader's face, don't say it online," the manual warns. "Soldiers using social media need to know that the enemy is watching,"The fact that she is getting death threats...wow. Who really cares that much? She's young and dumb and made a mistake, but some people are calling for a dishonorable discharge and/or prison. Probably mostly people that never served or just want to rally some support for their own cause by bashing her. Come to Fort Hood at 1659 and watch all the people running to find a building...is that a sign of disrespect? Guess they all need to go to prison. Let's talk about my peeves...officers that don't salute back. #end rant hahaha
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Rain:
    Where did you see the prison time thing? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm very skeptical. The most she can really get is a counseling telling her not to do it again. Unless they use...The Department of Defense Uniform Code of Military Justice states that in regard to social media posts, soldiers must not post any photos or comments that could reflect negatively on the army. "It is important that all soldiers know that once they log on to a social media platform, they still represent the Army. The best way to think about it is, if you wouldn't say it in formation or to your leader's face, don't say it online," the manual warns. "Soldiers using social media need to know that the enemy is watching,"The fact that she is getting death threats...wow. Who really cares that much? She's young and dumb and made a mistake, but some people are calling for a dishonorable discharge and/or prison. Probably mostly people that never served or just want to rally some support for their own cause by bashing her. Come to Fort Hood at 1659 and watch all the people running to find a building...is that a sign of disrespect? Guess they all need to go to prison. Let's talk about my peeves...officers that don't salute back. #end rant hahaha
    I agree with all the things!
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw this one while driving to visit a client recently...

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Rain:

Well, I did look all over in every nook and crany and really don't remember where I read it. It was one of those stories that barely caught my eye, and (if I remember correctly) they quoted some source and I didn't even read the whole paragraph.

And I agree she was just absurdly stupid and never ever counted on the uproar that followed.

I remember being stationed at Ft Myer VA for my last few months on my enlistment, and the post came to a standstill when it came to saluting the flag at 1700. There seemed to be once or twice a week some fool diving for the doorway to avoid the salute and I never understood it. I really think they thought it was a game, but Ft Myer was the wrong place to play it. 27 mansions (don't know what else to call them) with 27 Generals in residence. It was also the home to the Arlington National Cemetery and the 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment "The Old Guard", and a couple of other very highly thought of groups. Get caught trying to avoid "The Salute" there, and it could ruin your whole day.

I personally never hesitated to stop my vehicle, get out and salute. Even to the point of slowing down so I wouldn't miss it. But hey, I am old fashioned and respect was part of growing up.
  • Options
    Thanks for your insight JD. Guess I'm in the middle. If I'm out there, I'll salute....if I'm next to a door, I'll step in.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Rain:

Well, I did look all over in every nook and crany and really don't remember where I read it. It was one of those stories that barely caught my eye, and (if I remember correctly) they quoted some source and I didn't even read the whole paragraph.

And I agree she was just absurdly stupid and never ever counted on the uproar that followed.

I remember being stationed at Ft Myer VA for my last few months on my enlistment, and the post came to a standstill when it came to saluting the flag at 1700. There seemed to be once or twice a week some fool diving for the doorway to avoid the salute and I never understood it. I really think they thought it was a game, but Ft Myer was the wrong place to play it. 27 mansions (don't know what else to call them) with 27 Generals in residence. It was also the home to the Arlington National Cemetery and the 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment "The Old Guard", and a couple of other very highly thought of groups. Get caught trying to avoid "The Salute" there, and it could ruin your whole day.

I personally never hesitated to stop my vehicle, get out and salute. Even to the point of slowing down so I wouldn't miss it. But hey, I am old fashioned and respect was part of growing up.
    I'll have to ask my cousin about this. He was in the Old Guard and we got to attend his wedding at Ft. Myer. See if he has any fun stories of people getting dressed down for avoiding the salute.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    I remember waiting until after colors to walk out of the barracks or building if it was 1659 but if we were caught by certain officers and certain NCOs delaying our exit in an obvious manner we would get in trouble. And we would never be caught rushing in any manner to get indoors. That would get us in much bigger trouble.

However, I don't remember being required to stop the car AND to also get out of the car to stand and salute. Seems like all we had to do in traffic was stop the car until colors was over. Has this part changed or was I just not driving as much back then? I don't know.

LOL Speaking of saluting and such, I remember early in my Marine enlistment I made the mistake of letting an Navy officer pass me by without saluting him. At first I wasn't good at distinguishing the Navy insignias. I mistook his insignia for a Chief Petty officer's. Needless to say I became VERY familiar with the differences after that. And sometimes squinting with the sun in my eyes I even saluted a few Chief Petty Officers as well. Better safe than sorry.
  • Options
    Haha, on ACUs I can never tell the difference between a diamond or a star till I'm in the kill zone. If you mistakenly call the Sergeant Major a First Sergeant though....yikes!
  • Options
    Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    Rain:
    Haha, on ACUs I can never tell the difference between a diamond or a star till I'm in the kill zone. If you mistakenly call the Sergeant Major a First Sergeant though....yikes!
    I use to get saluted all the time in my flight suit, because we did not have rank or name on our badge or head gear just wings and blood type. We were told to return the salute and carry on. The female needs some counseling and a day on police call for being a dumb ass and posting the pic.
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I saluted a SGM once. Back in the berret days, his crest was thin, and gold. I was in training, and not stationed at that post. So, what does stupid private Reiniger do? WHAM! Salutue, "Good morning SIR!" ....*confused as to why no salute back*....Ah crap!

His response, you ask? MAN! I hate this thing! Carry on private, it happens all the time.

I apologized, un-*** my pants, and moved out.