Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Opus X

2»

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Moving back to the X's, out of all the sizes which one's would be more flavorful? I have only had 3 sizes, a lancero, **** pwr ranger, and #3. I digged the pwr ranger but it was too small. I wasn't a huge fan of the lancero, and the #3 wasn't too bad either. I'd still go with the pwr ranger out of the three.
  • Options
    Cole54Cole54 Posts: 18

I have 6 X's in the humi, 5 of them I just picked up last week and one I have had for about 2 months... I'm going to try and age all of them for atleast a year, though i may have to smoke one just to see the difference in flavor considering I haven't tried one yet.

Luckily for me the cigar shop down the road gets a shipment in pretty rgularly and then sells them for 11 and 14 dollars, and sometimes 17...

• Options
    that's cool, my local shop is a dealer and get them in near fathers day and xmas, the prices aren't too bad. not as cheap as yours but close. some people have shops around here that get some really good deals. sadly though mine does not (at least yet) get any pwr rangers or robusto's in.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    The last two in a row of the Opus X hit me hard... ( #4 and Robusto ). I was happlily puffing away and at about the 2/3rd mark, started feeling a little ill. then I knew I had to stop. This cigar hangover stayed with me for a long time.. I may need to build up my immunity by smoking more often.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    kaspera79:
    The last two in a row of the Opus X hit me hard... ( #4 and Robusto ). I was happlily puffing away and at about the 2/3rd mark, started feeling a little ill. then I knew I had to stop. This cigar hangover stayed with me for a long time.. I may need to build up my immunity by smoking more often.
    I had this happen to me the first couple times I smoked an Opus as well. Them being a #4 and a ****. After letting one rest for a year, I smoked a **** again and did not have the same butt whipping experience. It was strong, but not overly strong and had great flavor in comparison to the other two I had. Since then I've had a couple more each with at least a year, and they were pretty enjoyable as well. Now, I will probably wait at least a year for each other Opus I smoke. It could be that my tolerance has gone up, but the flavor was so much more enjoyable after they sat for that length of time.
  • Options
    I agree with both of you kas, bbc. They can kick your butt. My shop got some opus's in earlier in the week, and today when I went in there they were almost out. I picked up 2 perfection x's and 1 3 pack of the '92 chateau perfection x's (I'm wondering if these are really from 92). I even did something I haven't done, smoked one while at the shop and I have to say, it was stronger than the 2 X's I've had and now I know what your talking about Brandon. The guy's gave me some *** for it, but were impressed I wasn't on the floor, lol.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    It was odd.. I have smoked about ten of these over the years and never wacked twice in a row... And I like a strong cigar. These were not aged enough I am sure. ( less then six months) We will see in a year what happens !