Home General Discussion
Options

whats a good reliable soft flame lighter?

jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
I care most about reliability. Don't need expensive fancy smancy. Thank youuuuuuuuu

Comments

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    The doc sent me a zippo style butane lighter that was soft flame and it works great!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bic should work for someone like you.
  • Options
    bic ohhh yes. nice n cheap and reliable.

Lee, have I must look into this zippo as well.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know Kuzi uses a Xikar EX. It's a soft flame
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    +1 and their pipe lighter is fantastic as well. I have the pipe one. Can't remember model name off hand.
  • Options
    Jiunn all I have too say is the amount you've spent on cigars get a dupont!! They are pretty awesome!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Jiunn all I have too say is the amount you've spent on cigars get a dupont!! They are pretty awesome!!
    I used to spend the bigger bucks on lighters but so many become duds for me. I will look into dupont though. I realize myself reaching for soft flames and cedar spills more and more these days.
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    thanks dude. I will look into this. If anything I'll email ccom tim about this one. I know ccom carries xikar stuff
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I have lost so many nice lighters, I decided that Bic will work just fine for me.
  • Options
    jliu:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I used to spend the bigger bucks on lighters but so many become duds for me. I will look into dupont though. I realize myself reaching for soft flames and cedar spills more and more these days.
    all I can say is my dupont lights the first try and is well a very nice lighter! People can hate but it was a gift from my moms best friend so I can't say it's not worth it
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    I have lost so many nice lighters, I decided that Bic will work just fine for me.
    yea.. i actually lost a really nice torch lighter that i bought 4 years ago. some rocky patel one. i know i know "rock patel." I loved that thing. Looks like I should stop by Wal-Mart and see if there is a ronson type of soft flame
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    There is a butane soft flame insert for zippo that works well. The Xikar EX soft flame is no longer listed on the Xikar website. The pipeline is the pipe lighter. Would love to get one. Heard many good things.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marker:
    The Xikar EX soft flame is no longer listed on the Xikar website.
    CCOM still has them FYI.... http://www.cigar.com/accessories/viewaccessories.asp?cpage=4&subcatid=acc_lite

(I've been oogling over it for a few weeks now.)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Those are the EX windproof.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marker:
    Wait, there's different types of Xikar EX's??
    Now I'm confused.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    jgibv:
    Marker:
    Now I'm confused.
    There is the Xikar Exodus soft flame that is "wind resistant"...not wind proof and I have this one...love it. Torches tend to be wind proof while soft flames aren't. Ronson has a soft flame called the "Comet" and I bought a dozen of them..$1 a piece at CVS. Call your stores in your area to see if they have them...some do some don't.
  • Options
    Cigary:
    jgibv:
    Marker:
    Now I'm confused.
    There is the Xikar Exodus soft flame that is "wind resistant"...not wind proof and I have this one...love it. Torches tend to be wind proof while soft flames aren't. Ronson has a soft flame called the "Comet" and I bought a dozen of them..$1 a piece at CVS. Call your stores in your area to see if they have them...some do some don't.
    The comet sounds like it will be my winner. I use my soft flames in non-windy areas. Time to call up CVS! Thanks Gary
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    The comet is just as reliable as the Ronson torch just not as nice looking.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

The plasma spammer's back! @TheCigarChick

We don't light cigarettes here, son, these are seegars!!!

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got one of those for Christmas one year ... really just for cigs... so I got an upgrade

• Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got an Alec Bradley "The Burner" and after I get it lit, I turn it down low until it gives a soft flame. That's the only way I use it.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

I only use Clipper lighters. They run about $1 each, made in France. Refillable with butane, huge plus. Also flint is replaceable. Very tough, perfect flame. I bought a dozen off Amazon, have them all over the place now.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,685 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish I knew about plasma lighters. Does anyone have a suggestion, preferably from a company that they own or work for?

Don't look ↑