Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

"One man's Trash" pass

124»

Comments

• Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Delivery card left in the door yesterday. Will pick up package from post office this morning. Expect to mail out Monday or Tuesday. Will keep updated here, of course.
  • Options
    Kuzi... PM bro
  • Options
    The mailing box has seen a little damage. For the most part... cigars are intact, but it's only going to get worse from here because of the sheer size and number of sticks. I think I noticed about 3 cigars that are unwravelling pretty bad besides what was already put into the bad labeled "damaged." We're up to 4 gallon-sized ziplock bags that are packed full.

Here you can see the damage on the box as it arrived here.

This is the Sterilite container I bought to place the ziplock bags into for some hard cover protection.

Somewhere, someone addded in 3 small plastic boxes into the mix. I won't pass them along since all they do is take up space within the box, and no cigars were being stored in them anyways. Whoever they belong to, please PM me if you want them back and I'll make that happen.

Tonight I'll find a box big enough to hold this 20 qt container and will be shipping out tomorrow. There will be room for maybe another 50-75 cigars in the 20 quart container. It arrivewd to me with a previous tally of 130. I've removed 2 and will be adding probably a dozen. I'll put the final count in my shipping DC post. I'll include bubble wrap and paper to take up the space inside the plastic box to minimize cigar movement. Less than $16 shipping got it to me. I figure around $20 is what the price will end up being next. Just so you know what to expect.
  • Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    Walt, the 3 boxes were mine... they fit perfectly in the USPS flat rate big box. I don't need them back but thanks for the offer. When I shipped, the smokes fit in 1 of the boxes and I foolishly thought that'd be sufficient for the entire pass, lol.

Kuzi, can I chip in on the final shipping?
  • Options
    Alrighty folks. This is it. Just so you get an idea how big this pass has turned into. I had to buy a large moving box and cut it down to size to fit the sterilite properly. Not bad. I'll be dropping by the PO ma
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    PAtoNH:
    Walt, the 3 boxes were mine... they fit perfectly in the USPS flat rate big box. I don't need them back but thanks for the offer. When I shipped, the smokes fit in 1 of the boxes and I foolishly thought that'd be sufficient for the entire pass, lol.

Kuzi, can I chip in on the final shipping?
    sure thing. when the box gets back to me i will post the entire spread. if anyone wants to help that shipping it will be all good, but not needed. i have no problem spending money on a good cause.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big A$$ box arrived today..will look through it tomorrow and post my takes and puts...should have it back in the air by Wednesday.
  • Options
    Takes on left puts on the right...headed to the PO this morning to send this package on it's way

photo IMG_1124_zpsf7688aaa.jpg
  • Options
    9114 9012 2308 0335 2936 010
  • Options
    sorry... been busy.

6 days since shipping out. any word?
  • Options
    chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
    By the time it's sent to Cigars for Warriors is it going to be in a 150qt coolidor?

haha that is awesome!
  • Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    photo photo2_zpscdfb3237.jpg photo photo1_zps1dfcd8ed.jpg Puts are up top and takes are on the bottom. I will send it out on Thursday sorry for the delay it's been a crazy week. Thanks for allowing to partake in a really cool pass for a even better cause....
  • Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Ok Fellas,

I am a Veteran, and I can remember how it was to receive random christmas mail while I was away from home in Japan and Korea back in the U.S.M.C. days. I am very happy to be a part of this pass, and I thankyou Kuzi for putting this together.

140 cigars in

160 cigars out
  • Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Kuzi PM
  • Options
    ok... everything is here safe and sound. some good sticks in there. i will be going through them and ill get pics up soon. then i will ship out to the troops.
  • Options
    after a small handful of cigars was thrown out because they were to damaged to smoke (9 in total) and after the 3 that i took out as my takes for the pass we are left with 151 cigars going off to the troops. well done guys:

i will ship them out in a few days.
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    That is so awesome, great job guys.
  • Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    Thanks for including me in this pass Matt!
  • Options
    i added a few more to the box just before shipping today.
    155 cigars off to our troops.

that box was huge and expensive to ship. thank you everyone who participated and had to put up with shipping costs (especially the last half of the pass)

nothing better than brightening the day of a soldier who is very far away from home.