Home General Discussion
Options

Any flavored stick fans?

New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
I'm trying to get the wife into the 'Cigar Scene'. I'm pretty sure that something flavored, Acid, etc is the way to go. Any suggestions? I've had 1 Aicd (Kuba Kuba), and a few of the DE Coffee infusions. Wasnt a fan of the Kuba, and I can do the DE's off and on...but not something I'd stock all the time. What should I pick up, for her?

Comments

• Options
    NightHawkNightHawk Posts: 247
    definitely wouldnt smoke a java stick regularly, but i do enjoy it from time to time as a change of pace.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried a java once and it didn't make me puke.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    You're an extremely helpful man
  • Options
    New Boots:
    Puff_Dougie:
    I always try to contribute something positive. :^p
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Puff_Dougie:
    LOL! I thought java was ok. Tabak red eye is my fav, I actually would buy multiples of those... good breakfast smoke.

Haven't had any other acids... i heard cold infusion isn't bad. I'd like to try one of those.

Erin go Bragh is Erin go Blah :(
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Give me your nacho's
    I happen to have a wife that smokes that breed of cigars
  • Options
    honorknight7:
    Give me your nacho's
    I happen to have a wife that smokes that breed of cigars
    I hate this part, but I'll bite
  • Options
    :-D
    New Boots:

sorry I'm getting old and my eye sight isn't what it used to be, wouldn't feel right if I wrote down the wrong names from her humi, will be safer to just "show you" some :P
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Java mint = mint choc chip ice cream in cigar form. Do it

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    honorknight7:
    :-D
    New Boots:

sorry I'm getting old and my eye sight isn't what it used to be, wouldn't feel right if I wrote down the wrong names from her humi, will be safer to just "show you" some :P
    You are learning to fast around here!!!!
  • Options
    jgibv:
    Java mint = mint choc chip ice cream in cigar form. Do it
    Rgr Rgr that

... Chilly evening, Starbucks Peppermint Mocha, and a Java Mint Cigar around the fire pit :)
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    I'm trying to get the wife into the 'Cigar Scene'. I'm pretty sure that something flavored, Acid, etc is the way to go. Any suggestions? I've had 1 Aicd (Kuba Kuba), and a few of the DE Coffee infusions. Wasnt a fan of the Kuba, and I can do the DE's off and on...but not something I'd stock all the time. What should I pick up, for her?
    When i first started out i was into flavored sticks. I'd personally go with the DE java maduro because it tastes like a mocha frappucino from Mcdonalds, or a DE tabak especial duce because it tastes like kahlua. Acid cigars taste too much like syrup
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would go with a CAO Flavours sampler.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    I would go with a CAO Flavours sampler.
    Heh, I was just looking at that. I like all the CAO's I've had, so they can't screw 'em up, right?
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Has she tried a regular cigar? Don't assume she will only like infused cigars because she is female.....
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Has she tried a regular cigar? Don't assume she will only like infused cigars because she is female.....
    +1. My wife loves regular cigars. As a matter of fact she loves all the same things you all like. Tats, Viaje, Opus X, illusione, etc. I created a monster!

Tabak Especiale is where to start. These things are the best infused or flavored cigar out there. Java is ok but these are just a solid great smoke without too much sweetness or weirdness. My wife loves them so much it was her first box purchase. From there she graduated to AB Prensado, Liga Privada, my precious Viaje and more.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only infused cigar I will smoke is the CAO Moontrance.
    But the CAO Gold Honey and Eileen's Dream might appeal to her.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    my wife likes "most" of the cao flavored, but wont buy them anymore because the last five times I've gotten them for here they were way to hard to draw, even after sitting over a month,both online and local B&M purchases, she has really been on a Titania Vanilla & Mocha kick, with Kuba's and Dirt's being her "favorite go to cigars"
  • Options
    jsnake:
    ...my precious Viaje

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    The Isla Del Sol is like smoking a vanilla Frappucino. Not too powerful, very sweet, and relatively inexpensive.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    jsnake:
    ...my precious Viaje

Thank you for that!!
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Yes, she has. She wasn't really impressed. I figure I can play around with that later :)
  • Options
    9505 5000 2569 4056 0000 69
    had my wife grab a few, she said if she likes them, we can dig deeper for other different ones, also she wanted to send another Kuba, seen you didn't like it, but said your crazy, your wife should lol - its one of her (my wife's) favorites
  • Options
    honorknight7:
    9505 5000 2569 4056 0000 69
    had my wife grab a few, she said if she likes them, we can dig deeper for other different ones, also she wanted to send another Kuba, seen you didn't like it, but said your crazy, your wife should lol - its one of her (my wife's) favorites
    Thanks brother (and Sister?!). She may be right on the crazy part though, just for different reasons.
  • Options
    New Boots:
    She may be right on the crazy part though, just for different reasons.
    I hate that Kuba also, like trying to smoke potpourri, do like a few DE flavored (mostly the natural line & Tabaks), just need to get all the sugar crap off it first lol,
    the wife says the sweetener is great with her diet sodas ... yuk on both
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Makers Mark...probably only flavored stick I enjoy.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    I really actually enjoyed the ACID Nasty

Aj
  • Options
    curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    My wife like the Isla del Sol, but only in corona. She says it tastes like candy, because it is sugar tipped.