Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Hit with a Brick

BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well Patrickbrick, out of the blue PM'd me to ask if I was interested in any Ditka Camacho, the Throwback and '89.... Well of course! Had the old blend in the HOF and Coach and really enjoyed those a lot, says he's going to send me a couple.. Hmmmm o.k. and decides Ditka needs his D-line as protectors! Fabulous selection my friend and I appreciate it since I live in the wilderness.

Comments

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patrick's gunnin' for da bosses!! Nice hit, bro!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Loon Lake can be nothing but wilderness
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see Jim get hit once in a while.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, it just seems like a waste to give those to a Seahawks fan…..Just saying :-)

Bear Down!!!!
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    Sorry, it just seems like a waste to give those to a Seahawks fan…..Just saying :-)

Bear Down!!!!
    Hey now! And I was helpful to you this weekend!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well deserving target! What is a Throwback?
  • Options
    Nice hit!!! Well deserving target.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And who is this Patrickbrick?
    Slapping around Big Jim, that just ain't cool.
    Well, it is, but my loyalties have to be somewheres. LOL!

Nicely done!!

Jim, best be hoping for some warmer weather soon bro!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Echambers:
    FireRob:

Bear Down!!!!
    Hey now! And I was helpful to you this weekend!
    Yes you were, but Im only kidding... that and trying to stir up a little football razzing

Shizz, let us know what you think of the Throwbacks. They are one of my absolute favorites and I have been hoarding all I can get my hands on. The 89 I also like but not as much as the Throwback but I have only smoked one 89 so far and haven’t given it a fair shot just yet.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    Jake, the Throwback is the Fourth release of the Mike Ditka series by Camacho. It came in the 6X50 toro size only and in the wood coffins you see in the pic above and in boxes of ten. They released a total of 5,000 boxes of ten cigars. Retail price is around $10 a coffin and I’ll admit I have paid up to slightly more and as low as $9.50 for some of the ones I have bought. If you get a chance, they get my recommendation.

The other Ditka’s that Camacho released in order of release was what they called the “Kickoff Series” The first was called “The Player” second was “The Coach” and last was “The Hall Of Famer” Each of these were also available in boxes of ten coffins with four different sizes and they released 1000 boxes of each size. I have at least one of these in my humi but haven’t tried any of them yet since I actually just recently got my hands on them

Then they had the “Throwback”

The newest release was the “89” in honor of the Chicago Bears retiring his jersey number this past season. Camacho only made 2,000 of these boxes with 20 cigars in each box and only in a 6X50 size. I have also read that only 500 of these boxes were going to be released to the public but don’t hold me to that. This is also a good cigar but I do prefer the Throwback especially for the price and since I convinced my B&M to carry a box and they charge $15 a piece for one of these but online they retail for about $12

OK sorry for the long story, but as you can guess this is one area I can contribute some info about a cigar that I really enjoy and have done some research on.
  • Options
    FireRob:
    jsnake:
    Jake, the Throwback is the Fourth release of the Mike Ditka series by Camacho. It came in the 6X50 toro size only and in the wood coffins you see in the pic above and in boxes of ten. They released a total of 5,000 boxes of ten cigars. Retail price is around $10 a coffin and I’ll admit I have paid up to slightly more and as low as $9.50 for some of the ones I have bought. If you get a chance, they get my recommendation.

The other Ditka’s that Camacho released in order of release was what they called the “Kickoff Series” The first was called “The Player” second was “The Coach” and last was “The Hall Of Famer” Each of these were also available in boxes of ten coffins with four different sizes and they released 1000 boxes of each size. I have at least one of these in my humi but haven’t tried any of them yet since I actually just recently got my hands on them

The newest release was the “89” in honor of the Chicago Bears retiring his jersey number this past season. Camacho only made 2,000 of these boxes with 20 cigars in each box and only in a 6X50 size. I have also read that only 500 of these boxes were going to be released to the public but don’t hold me to that. This is also a good cigar but I do prefer the Throwback especially for the price and since I convinced my B&M to carry a box and they charge $15 a piece for one of these but online they retail for about $12

OK sorry for the long story, but as you can guess this is one area I can contribute some info about a cigar that I really enjoy and have done some research on.
    Thanks for the info. I found 4 of these at the B&M but just bought 1 on the way home tonight.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    FireRob:
    jsnake:

Thanks for the info. I found 4 of these at the B&M but just bought 1 on the way home tonight.
    I saw south had them...looked 3-4 times, just didnt get one.
  • Options
    jsnake:

Let me know what you think of it.
  • Options
    Probably $4 or $5 over what I paid for it. Was going to get a payday Opus but I went with this instead.
  • Options
    New Boots:
    just didnt get one.

Umm maybe you should keep it that way and just hold off on that for a while. ;-)

I have said it before but these are my most prized possession in my humi, but if the occasion should ever arise you need to try one.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    Probably $4 or $5 over what I paid for it. Was going to get a payday Opus but I went with this instead.

Oh dang! Hate to hear you passed up on that. I have never had an Opus, and from what I hear I doubt a Throwback will compare to an Opus but hope you still enjoy it as much as I do
  • Options
    I like Camacho so I am looking forward to it. I am not heavy into Opus X but I want to be. Decided if things are tight I will get 1 or 2 hard to find cigars on payday. I just remembered this thread while I was there and wanted something new.
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the perk about living where I do, Ditka cigars while available are always in stock. As far as comparing it to am opus well that is a matter of opinion. I would say that those Camochos are better. Just saying. And yes I have smoked several different opus.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Thanks again, I've had the HOF and the coach and they are money, great cigars and cool boxes too, got one on display.
  • Options
    FireRob:
    New Boots:
    just didnt get one.

Umm maybe you should keep it that way and just hold off on that for a while. ;-)

I have said it before but these are my most prized possession in my humi, but if the occasion should ever arise you need to try one.
    hey hey hey....slow it down LOL
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice hit on jim!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    FireRob...you sonofa!
  • Options
    New Boots:
    FireRob...you sonofa!

:-)

As hard as it was to send Bootsie one of my prized Throwbacks that i have several of I am Just trying to deside if I want to send one of my only two "The Player" cigars that I had to scour the earth for and havent even tried yet, to a Seahawks fan.... Any one want to send me the Shizz's addy just in case I am ever in a really giving mood?
  • Options
    FireRob:
    Any one want to send me the Shizz's addy just in case I am ever in a really giving mood?
    Seriously??? No one wants to send me Bigsizz's address?
  • Options
    FireRob:
    FireRob:
    Any one want to send me the Shizz's addy just in case I am ever in a really giving mood?
    Thanks to my friend, lets just call him "OldShoes" so I dont give away my source. I got Jim's address.
  • Options
    FireRob:
    jsnake:

Oh dang! Hate to hear you passed up on that. I have never had an Opus, and from what I hear I doubt a Throwback will compare to an Opus but hope you still enjoy it as much as I do
    Good to know!
  • Options
    FireRob:
    FireRob:
    FireRob:
    Thanks to my friend, lets just call him "OldShoes" so I dont give away my source. I got Jim's address.
    Thanks again Rob! Bootsie helped me under the bus....
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    FireRob:
    jsnake:

Good to know!
    OK Jim, I see I did to myself what I did to Puff_Dougie in a different post. But you really should take your frustrations out on Bootsie for this one. Isn’t he really the one to blame for this? If not him, its Brick right? The only other one to blame is yourself for mentioning how you have had all the others in the Ditka line. I had no choice. Go easy my friend