Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Are you a watch wearin' kinda' guy or not?

2»

Comments

• Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Have to have my watch on, like not wearing underwear without it :P

Gramps & Pops always taught me that "A mans word is his bond, and when you are suppose to be somewhere, being on time is apart of your word
    with the motto ....

"15 minutes early or more is on time
    On time is Late
    Late is Fired"

So its just been apart of life for me from a child to have a watch
    Have always had a good Timex, one for work and another "clean" one for other then work
    As far as working condition being bad for a watch, ??? I've had my hands in chemicals ranging from basic acetone, lacquer thinners, and toluol to aliphatic & polyamide epoxy reducers/thinners and everything in between, just about any construction project you can think of, (not a logger)-but wood cutting 40 cord a year for 10 years, welding, & basic mechanic work, and other then the bands (or the watch itself just waring out over time) haven't had any trouble over the years
  • Options
    BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    I have just recently started wearing one. I am a mechanic, and the type of work i do would destroy any watch unless it was in your pocket. I just wear them on the weekends, and to special events. I agree with everyone above it gives you a more "put together" look. image
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    blutattoo:
    From a sartorial standpoint it makes you look more put together in my opinion. Generally if I'm meeting important clients I may pull out my dad's Omega, but I like the thought of being a watch man more than I like the feeling of wearing one. If that makes any sense.
    You are aware that most a lot of blue collar men don't wear watches?
    So are white collar more "put together", "responsible" or "grown up" than blue collar?

Fellas, I'm not trying to stir things up, but trying to give you a different perspective.

It will be rare to see a logger, heavy equipment mechanic or commercial fisherman wearing a watch.
    The work would destroy them and they get accustomed to not wearing them.

To give you an example. Today I dropped $300 on work clothes. A white collar will spend that easily on a suit. The difference, when mine get oil on them, I can put them in the washer. Try that with a suit. LOL!
    I'm only talking about style, nothing more. Blue collar, white collar it doesn't matter. To me watch wearing shows a since of style. Style transcends what kind of work you do. I'm a blue collar guy in a white collar job now, but I when I worked in the fire service I wore a watch everyday. Now I only wear one when I dress up.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few of my watches imageimageimage
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    Nice Eric. You and I've got similar tastes in watches.
    I have skinny wrists (no jokes please :-) ) so bigger watches look ridiculous on me. But I do love the movado!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    0patience:
    blutattoo:
    From a sartorial standpoint it makes you look more put together in my opinion. Generally if I'm meeting important clients I may pull out my dad's Omega, but I like the thought of being a watch man more than I like the feeling of wearing one. If that makes any sense.
    You are aware that most a lot of blue collar men don't wear watches?
    So are white collar more "put together", "responsible" or "grown up" than blue collar?

Fellas, I'm not trying to stir things up, but trying to give you a different perspective.

It will be rare to see a logger, heavy equipment mechanic or commercial fisherman wearing a watch.
    The work would destroy them and they get accustomed to not wearing them.

To give you an example. Today I dropped $300 on work clothes. A white collar will spend that easily on a suit. The difference, when mine get oil on them, I can put them in the washer. Try that with a suit. LOL!

Machinest wont wear watches either... we destroy them too.