Home General Discussion
Options

xikar xi3 mayan cutter anyone own or seen one in person?

as the title states anyone have one of these? or even seen one in person? if so hows the weight and cutting with it?
i like them but i am a little skeptical on it,
thanks

Comments

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen and held the original in the offices of XIKAR. It felt wonderful and looked amazing. It was the prototype so I didn't get to use it. That was 3 years ago I think. Maybe 4. It was the same as all other cutters so imagine in cuts just as well. Swinging by there this week. Will see if they have one I can test out. I have an xi3 and love it.
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    I saw one at cfest. They had them for a great deal there. They feel amazing
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    I have the Mayan cutter, compared to my other xikar it's heavier and cuts beautifully. They say it's the same blades but to me it feels like it cuts cigars much easier, I love the way it looks and definably an eye catcher
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Mayan X is a little heavier than the Xi1 and Xi3 regular cutters.
    The Mayan 3d is fairly heavy. Personally, I like the 3d best.
    But they are very well made.
    Are they worth the money? I have an Xi3 Redwood and I rarely use it. It's too nice to use.
    So 99% of the time, I use my Xi1.
    For some reason I break the springs on the Xi2s I have. 2 of them I've sent in a couple times now.
    One is in one of the drawers of my humi right now with a broken spring. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    well i been eyeing one for a while found it pretty cheap the mayan xi3 3D version, so i picked up that and a table top mayan lighter also, gonna wait and see how i feel about it after i get it.
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Didn't all the Mayan products disappear at the end of 2012?
  • Options
    raisindot:
    whats the suppose to mean? i don't find the humor
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    It's a great cutter...great feel and weight behind it with a perfect warranty. The Price...I've seen em for $45 but the usual is around $65 on the big sites.
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    raisindot:
    whats the suppose to mean? i don't find the humor

Heh, Mayan calendar ended in 2012... so some thought that the world would end.
  • Options
    Cigary:
    It's a great cutter...great feel and weight behind it with a perfect warranty. The Price...I've seen em for $45 but the usual is around $65 on the big sites.
    is that the xi3 3D cutter? i have not seen that one close that price, if it is where did you see that?
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't cut many Mayans so haven't seen the need to look into these.... :-)
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    It was actually on CBID but the last time I saw it was months ago. I checked the other day and of course...NONE. Should have grabbed the sucker when I saw it the first time but I already had 12 cutters.