Home General Discussion
Options

Too cold

ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
All night I've been looking at all the sticks in my humidor wishing it wasn't -30F (with wind chill) so I could burn one these bad boys down. Without a doubt, it would not be an enjoyable experience tonight. How cold is too cold for the rest of you?
East Side 2015
KLMOW Badge 8/2014
Team Trident 2014

Comments

• Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    40-45F is my cutoff.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the same boat, Eric. We had another day of sub-zero wind chills after a weekend in the low 40's. For me, if the temp's in the 30's it's too cold to try to smoke outside. Just can't enjoy the experience. Can't wait for this cold snap to break! My neighbors are gonna think the house is on fire from all the smoke that will be billowing from the back porch!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it's 27F right now with a light breeze. But I'm in my herf tent with a space heater. I'm doin' fine. CAO CX2 is doin' fine. We're doin' fine :)
  • Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    I'm in the same boat, Eric. We had another day of sub-zero wind chills after a weekend in the low 40's. For me, if the temp's in the 30's it's too cold to try to smoke outside. Just can't enjoy the experience. Can't wait for this cold snap to break! My neighbors are gonna think the house is on fire from all the smoke that will be billowing from the back porch!
    If it doesn't warm up soon, I'll be forced to buy a cooler simply because it's far easier to buy - even in small quantities - than it is to smoke. Spring can't come soon enough!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what's the little " - " before the 30F mean?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    what's the little " - " before the 30F mean?
    it means it's about 90 degrees colder than your lows. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer it to be above 40 but I have gone out a few times with the temp below 40 because I wanted to enjoy a smoke so bad.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    My little propane heater in my smoking tent does pretty well even down into the teens.
  • Options
    perkinke:
    My little propane heater in my smoking tent does pretty well even down into the teens.
    Get those insulated panels for your tent walls. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    0patience:
    perkinke:
    Ohhh, they make those?!?! I was thinking of putting some blankets or lightweight insulated paneling across the frame to "lower" the roof and keep the heat down closer to the ground.
  • Options
    perkinke:
    0patience:
    perkinke:
    Ohhh, they make those?!?! I was thinking of putting some blankets or lightweight insulated paneling across the frame to "lower" the roof and keep the heat down closer to the ground.
    ROFL! Kind of a reclining tent?
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    0patience:
    perkinke:
    0patience:
    perkinke:
    Nah, thought about that though. No, it has a really high peak (about 12 feet high), but the cross pieces are just above head level so I figured a little something across the frame would keep the head closer to me in my lounge. BUT that would also keep the smoke right on top of me too, and it works well enough to keep me unmotivated to change it. ;)
  • Options
    perkinke:
    0patience:
    perkinke:
    0patience:
    perkinke:
    Nah, thought about that though. No, it has a really high peak (about 12 feet high), but the cross pieces are just above head level so I figured a little something across the frame would keep the head closer to me in my lounge. BUT that would also keep the smoke right on top of me too, and it works well enough to keep me unmotivated to change it. ;)
    My mental image is envisioning a hookah tent. ROFL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    I've been out on vherf in the low teens.
  • Options
    TwoThingismTwoThingism Posts: 121
    Mine is about 70. If I need to put on a jacket. I wont go out to smoke. :)
  • Options
    TwoThingism:
    Jacket!?! That's shorts weather for Wisconsinites!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    All night I've been looking at all the sticks in my humidor wishing it wasn't -30F (with wind chill) so I could burn one these bad boys down. Without a doubt, it would not be an enjoyable experience tonight. How cold is too cold for the rest of you?
    Wind chill is a fable told to scare people into patiently waiting through all the commercials and talking heads to eventually watch the weather gal at the end of the show. Fraid of wind chill? Put a shirt on. There. It's only minus fifteen. Don't you feel better already?

Twelve degrees here this morning. I'm gonna wear my rain pants so twelve degrees at sixty miles an hour don't freeze my knees.

I smoked mine last night in the TV room, in front of the fire, blanket on my lap., pup on the blanket, hooch on the side table. Only way to go in this weather.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    I like 32 and up, i find when i go out on days below freezing, i tend to rush the smoke. I dont enjoy smoking too fast, and by the time i get halfway its wasted. I just wont smoke until i can take the temps!
  • Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    I broke down this winter and put a small ceramic heater and air filter/circulator in the mudroom. There's enough room for a patio chair and an ashtray… a spot to rest a cocktail, a place for my iPod and speaker and a nice view of the snow covered yard. I'd call it my smoking room but truth is that it's more like a smoking box. Better than nothing but I'm ready for Spring!
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I just hit the lounge it's easier
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    TwoThingism:
    kind of the same boat with the coat thing but im at about 55. i like it cool. i move to B&M when its cold.

if i can light a fire outside im good to about 30.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    -15 in the garage is a bit chilly. Keeps the liquor cold which is nice. The propane heater brings the temp up to about 10 degrees. Sweater and a hat and that is good.
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My girlfriend thinks I'm insane but cigars relax me and I sleep better so il go out at 0 and finish the stick. If its any colder than that though I get to cold just sitting there, I tried at -8 or so got about half way and had to go inside. So needless to say 0 is my cut off.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    you guys are insane... anything lower then 70 and im bundling up for a blizzard!

Aj