Home General Discussion

Ready for Spring

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Anyone else ready for spring as much as I am? After 2 ice storms here in GA, I am so over winter. I haven't smoked many cigars either. I usually smoke in my garage during winter but not this year...just too damn cold...I'm ready, got my lighter filled and my cutter sharpened.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn I hear ya! So very tired of it.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    preachin' to the choir!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    meanwhile we are set for 1-2in of ice followed by 1-3 inches of snow this weekend......only good thing to come out of it is the fact that i will probably get a snowday.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    South Dakota winters are brutal. Whether it's the ridiculous cold, wind, snow, or combination of all three, there was always something contributing to my decision to start smoking in the house. Not the best decision I've made, but not even close to being the worst.
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    supposed to go down to -8ºF tonight... I'm ready for Spring...
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Not supposed to get over 20 for a week yet. Spring should start about May 1st.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    It hit 60 where im at for a few days but a big ice/rain storm is going to be here for the next few days...
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Saturday is March 1st, spring was supposedly coming. I just got a news report that we are getting another storm with accumulating snow on Monday, Im so getting depressed, winter cant be this damn long!!!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell yeah... I'm so tired of the semi-nice 50's and 60's teaser only to have another week of 20's to single digits and snow.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Its been spring for the last 30 days in CA. It's almost time for a churchill...
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Its been spring for the last 30 days in CA. It's almost time for a churchill...
    We are not friends
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • I just applied for a job in Key West if that tells you anything. Key West is where I smoked my first cigar!
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    You and me both! I'm ready to smoke outside without freezing my butt off, stop smelling like smoke, and to stop freezing my ass off when practicing golf.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring it. I like winter until December 26. Ready for nice weather and anything done outdoors.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BrightLights9:
    I just applied for a job in Key West if that tells you anything. Key West is where I smoked my first cigar!
    Welcome to the forum BrightLights9 :)
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been smoking straight through the winter. I know I live pretty far south but it's been the coldest winter in ages down here. I set up a small pop up hunting blind on my porch. (Walmart 40 bucks) It's got zippered windows on all sides so I can control the ventilation and I run a small space heater. I still have to bundle up but I don't get cold. I've even used it while temps down in the teens with a wind chill below zero.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Going to be 71 degrees tomorrow. Looking forward to it. I think I'll smoke my first cigar on my deck this year. Spring starts march 21, can't wait.

"Long ashes my friends."

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3rd straight day that it has been raining here. Probably not enough to make watermelons for this summer though. I'll probably be trading cigars for watermelons. I like watermelons.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    3rd straight day that it has been raining here. Probably not enough to make watermelons for this summer though. I'll probably be trading cigars for watermelons. I like watermelons.
    ...... I think I might just plant some watermelons this summer to keep my strawberries, peppers, and tomatoes company.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    -25 this morning. I hope we get summer this year.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Got another winter storm coming!! About another foot of ice and snow mix...yayyyy
    Money can't buy taste
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Naples, Florida on Friday.....Yes!!!! LOL
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    Naples, Florida on Friday.....Yes!!!! LOL
    Jealous
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Man...going to be 70 degree weekend and perfect...why does this always happen when I'm on call? FML.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Gman99Gman99 Posts: 13
    Yep once football season is over its time for spring to start!
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Gman99:
    Yep once football season is over its time for spring to start!
    Thank goodness its over too.....

Aj
  • joremajorema Posts: 40
    Got some flowers blooming in my yard. Not much but it is a promise of things to come, if frost doesn't kill them. Would some pictures help?
    Sorry there not mine cause I'm not much of a photo taker but they are something to look forward to.