Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

burley jerky

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
KLR 650 petcock diaphragms are designed by morons and stamped out of cobwebs. That's how I came to push Biffy Bullfrog up into Larry Butcher's tobacco barn. While there, The Tobacco Butcher proceeds to describe how he lays oak splits on the floor of this barn, covers them with sawdust, then lights the mess, and tends it a couple weeks, so that it smolders, curing his burley while at the same time smoking it. It's tobacco jerky, is what it is. The odor is flat out oh my friggin gawd. I brought a bag of it home, sent it to my buddy Craig Smith, fifth generation owner of FX Smith's Sons cigar factory, and he rolled me some smokey torpedos up. They are aging in what used to be Kuzi's first humidor ... all by themselves so they won't smell up the rest of the stash. I only smoked one so far; but it was oh my friggin gawd burley jerky is what it is. Think I told this story here before about Kentucky fire-cured baccy.

That was last Fall. The other day, I asked if some BOTL would do me a solid, swap me out an Ave Immaculata, so I could see if it suited Bearswatter's nose, this indoor smoking kind of Winter we are having. Smoke_em Roylin jumps in, doesn't want anything in return, which I can respect that, I have that same prob, shoots me a package from Texas arrives today. Of course, no c.com BOTL ever allows a cigar to travel alone. That's a known fact. So he stuffs the box. But, that's not the point. Look how carefully Roylin has thought these gems out:

First item on the left, a Muwat KFC. Soon as the others get a couple months on them, I am all over this little gem. I am gonna light an FX Smiths fire cured and the Muwat at the same time in the garage and settle back for a comparo. Holy hannah.

Nica Rustica little witch doctor, EP Carillo short run, La Aurora 107. A well thought out batch of gems. It's like he did his research and divined my taste.

In honor of which I pledged a half dozen more sticks to Johnny Sotweedseed, each with a sticker saying "donated by Roylin".

Burley jerky. Love it.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Yes, Royln does his homework. Awesome selection of smokes, enjoy.
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Bro, always enjoy reading the thoughts of Davis.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicely done smoke em.
    Thoughtful of you to send travel companions to keep the AM Immaculata company for the journey. You never know what far-away lands USPS will take the package to before it arrives at the destination. Good lookin' out Royln. LOL
    Glock1975:
    Very nice Bro, always enjoy reading the thoughts of Davis.
    +1, couldn't agree more Ray.
    webmost:
    .... oh my friggin gawd burley jerky is what it is. Think I told this story here before about Kentucky fire-cured baccy.....
    You got my mouth watering, Davis.
    Have you tried the Spectre by AJ yet? If not I think it will be right up your alley. If I didn't know any better I'd have thought your description was about the Spectre.
    Had one last night and I think you'd enjoy it.
    I'd send you one but that was the only 1 I had.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump for smoke em if you got em, who missed this post. Thanks bro.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks buddy...hope my other post didn't come off as me being an ass..just wanted to make sure the Ave Marie arrived in time for you.