Home Cigar 101

I need some help

Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
So a few years ago I went to Greece to visit my family and while I was there I stopped by a cigar store in athens. I went inside and bought 10 cigars 6 cohiba maduros and 4 montecristos. I believe these specific cigars are referred to as isoms on this forum? Anyway, at this time i wasn't really into cigars, yea i smoked them but i just wasn't really into them. So I come back to america a few weeks later and put them in an air tight tupperware container, and forgot about them. Being ignorant, due to my lack of cigar knowledge, I left them in the container for 3 years without without any humidification. You can guess what happened next. They dried out. About 3 or 4 weeks ago i remembered i had them and saw how dried out they were so i put a small humidification packet (like a water pillow) in the tupperware container. I checked them today because i was talking to bob luken about them, and they actually felt soft like they weren't dried out anymore. Many are beyond help because they got too moist and the wrapper cracked. I still have 3 or 4 left that are ok and still smokeable. What I'm wondering is this:

Because they were dried out for so long, is it still worth smoking them?
Are the flavors gone?

Comments

• allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    After 3 years? Yeah, all the essential oils have departed by this time. May as well smoke a swisher sweet, it'll have more flavour.... It's too late for them.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Id say smoke them. If they are tasteless toss them. Nothing gained or loss.
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Posts: 392
    Ditto you have nothing to lose by trying them.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    No matter what you do, they will not be what they could have been, and not a fair representation of the cigar. Light one and decide for yourself.
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    I guess that's the only thing i really can do. Thank you
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Agree with the others. Smoke em.
    I had a humi with about 15+ sticks in it from my cigar days 10+ years ago. I maintained them for a while then forgot about them for a while like A LONG WHILE. I have been slowly rehabbing them and smokeing them and some were just bad and others were surpizingly still a good smoke but prob nothing like they could have been if they were properly cared for all these years.
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Or just send them to me ;-)