Home Non Cigar Related

Walther PPQ M2 - Review

New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
So, I took my new toy out today. Below is a write up, on how I liked the guy, and how it preformed.

Maker: Walther
Version: PPQ M2
Caliber: .40
Rounds Fired: 100

Upon first grabbing the weapon, you can feel the quality grip it has. It also comes with 3 separate back straps, S/M/L for you to alter to fit your hand and grip style. If you are a 2 handed firer (as I am), you'll enjoy the rigged front end of the trigger well. I didn't even notice I was using it, until I had dropped my first 2 mags. The mags load easily, and it comes with an easy to use speed loader.

Loading the first mag, you'll notice the slide-stop is wonderfully accessible, and ambidextrous. However, there is not an "Active" safety on the gun, so this is not a weapon for a rookie, or novice user. Once the mag is in, and the slide moved forward, it's ready to fire. There is one "inactive" safety, by means of a secondary trigger. It will prevent the weapon from firing, if you happen to catch the trigger on something, but if you have your finger in the trigger well, you've activated the safety.

Once you start to fire this weapon, you'll notice why you liked the grip so much in the first place. There is no movement at all of your grip, after you fire. The gun is also heavy enough that it won't kick back that much. These two thing combined, make it very easy to regain your target, and fire again, quickly. I was able to accurately fire a round about every 2 seconds, easily.

If you are in the market for a pistol, this one, or a similar Walther might be right up your alley. I paid around $600 out the door, for this one. If you have any questions, please ask.

20 rounds @ 10 yards

Comments

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Pretty good groups for first time out. Once you get more comfortable with it that group should impressively shrink. How's the balance? That's something I've been chasing in handguns for a while... A well balanced gun will recoil more in a push than a flip(as long as you're doing your part too, of course.)
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Yeah, the groups need work, but that will come with time behind the gun. As far as the balance, pretty much amazing. Yeah, it's a .40, it's gonna kick. However, it was very minimal, the only heavy part of the gun is the slide/barrel etc. The grip and trigger mech. is all composite material. Very nice to fire.
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Sounds good. I've been looking for a new pistol. Do you happen to know the weight of the trigger pull?
    5.6lb trigger pull
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What ammo were you using? 155 gr/180 gr?
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • RedRex06RedRex06 Posts: 155
    I've had my eye on these for a LOOONG time. The BX finally started stocking them about a month ago and its been hard to resisist ... pulling the trigger... on a purchase. I have to keep reminding myself I'm getting an SKS any day now XD
    RedRex06:
    I've had my eye on these for a LOOONG time. The BX finally started stocking them about a month ago and its been hard to resisist ... pulling the trigger... on a purchase. I have to keep reminding myself I'm getting an SKS any day now XD
    What are they selling for?
    Stubble:
    What ammo were you using? 155 gr/180 gr?
    I had the 155.