Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Ukraine funnies

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some days, it's just good to live here.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I find hilarious is the irony of the U.S. telling Russia how to behave in the Ukraine, while we're struggling to remain ensconced in Afghanistan.

Of course, our position makes more sense, after all, we share circumferential borders with Afganis...oh, wait...

Well, we have ethnic ties and share a common language with...no, that's not right

well, Afghanistan used to be a province of...well, not us...

our religious.....

What the hell are we doing there?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    We like their blankets.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marker:
    We like their blankets.

And we are protecting the poppy fields.
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    What I find hilarious is the irony of the U.S. telling Russia how to behave in the Ukraine, while we're struggling to remain ensconced in Afghanistan.

Of course, our position makes more sense, after all, we share circumferential borders with Afganis...oh, wait...

Well, we have ethnic ties and share a common language with...no, that's not right

well, Afghanistan used to be a province of...well, not us...

our religious.....

What the hell are we doing there?
    I totally agree and even said the same thing to my wife when I first heard Kerry make those comments.