Home General Discussion

XIKAR event coming to my area

I saw in on a billboard and went online to check it out. Unfortunately, they have zero info online. Has anybody ever been to one and let me know what to expect? My area very rarely gets any events so I am really looking forward to it. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    what part of ohio are you in? i may have to stop by for a xikar event.

the other day i went out and i looked like a walking Xikar ad. I had my defiance hat on, my Xikar 5ct travel humidor, my xikar cutters to cut my cigar (i wish it would have been a xikar cigar), then i lit said cigar with my Xikar lighter.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Kuzi, I'm right down the street in Youngstown (Poland). They are having an event at the Havana House in Boardman on October 21st from 4-8 and then again at their Niles location the next day. I went on to www.xicar.com and found the dates, just no info and what the event has.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've been to a couple Xikar events with Jesus Fuego and they were both a blast! He is a great to visit with. He really knows his stuff and is a really nice guy. The Defiance was my favorite smoke of his, but they discontinued it and replaced it with the Havana Collection Criollo which is pretty much the same blend. The Colorado is a good smoke too. More of a full bodied smoke than the Criollo, but I don't think the flavor is as good. Hope you have a good time! I thought it was a great event.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I don't think Jesus Fuego will be at this one. I think the guy's last name is Gold (maybe Gould). I didn't see his name on the website so I'm assuming he is a rep of some type. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    If you know the name of the B&M they are going to have the event at you might try to find their website if they have one. There might be more info on there.

There is an event at my B&M this weekend with Jose Blanco who blends La Aurora Preferidos, 1495's, Don Lino, Leon Jimenez, Tatiana, 100 Anos, Nestor Miranda, Cubao, and the 601 line! He is going to be holding a cigar 101 blending session where you get to taste each component of the cigar by themselves, and then the cigar as a whole to see how the flavors blend together. Should be a lot of fun! That is going to be this Thursday so I'm looking forward to that.