Home Non Cigar Related

Mississippi RiverCruise

christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
We are thinking of going on a mississippi river cruise. Anybody been on one? Would appreciate your input.

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I grew up on the Mississippi River and would go for it. I don't know about up in your area but I have been out there a few times and really enjoyed it. It isn't too rough and it is very peaceful. Good scenery.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like the perfect outing to enjoy a Mark Twai... ummm... nevermind.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    christian1971:
    We are thinking of going on a mississippi river cruise. Anybody been on one? Would appreciate your input.
    As in the length of? Cool. When you get to Memphis, wave! I can direct you to some B&M's if you stop.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taking a river cruise is on my "Bucket List". I would really love to do it on a working boat. Do it and don't look back...just do it.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been on several ocean cruises but never on the river. I've checked into it recently and they seem a little pricey, but it looks like it would be a great time. Something to save up for.

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Taking a river cruise is on my "Bucket List". I would really love to do it on a working boat. Do it and don't look back...just do it.

Cal up Ricky Hamlin, they just christened a new tug. He may need an few extra hands.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    That sounds really cool, where does it start and stop? We have a stern-wheeler that does dinner cruises (or used to anyway) up the Columbia from Portland. I was gonna take my girlfriend last year, but we split before we went so I gave the tickets to a friend and his wife. Still want to go one of these days.