Home General Discussion
Options

Top 10 Must Haves

What are the top 10 brandslends you think every B&M should have?

Comments

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Viaje
    2. Viaje
    3. Viaje
    4. Viaje
    5. Viaje
    6. Viaje
    7. Viaje
    8. Viaje
    9. Viaje
    10. Viaje

Any questions?
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Tatuaje
    Illusione
    Alec Bradley
    My Father
    Room 101
    Davidoff

Honestly, if any of the B&Ms near me just had all 6 of those, I'd be super happy, lol.

I would say to be successful, they would probably also need:

Arturo Fuente
    Rocky Patel
    Drew Estate
    Ashton
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first list was well thought out. I will mix it up

Viaje
    illusione
    Room 101
    Alec Breadley
    My Father
    Liga Privada and anything from Drew Estates
    Arturo Fuente
    Camacho
    Eddie Ortega
    Miami Cigar stuff
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Tatuaje
    Illusione
    Alec Bradley
    My Father
    Room 101
    Davidoff

Honestly, if any of the B&Ms near me just had all 6 of those, I'd be super happy, lol.

I would say to be successful, they would probably also need:

Arturo Fuente
    Rocky Patel
    Drew Estate
    Ashton
    those are a short list of what i would love too. the problem is that not every B&M can be a Davidoff retailer, or any other retailer for that matter . but i suppose in a perfect world they could be.

so since we are picking and wishing...

1) Davidoff
    2)Avo
    3) Camacho (is room 101 lumped in there?)
    4) LFD
    5) Fuente
    6) Illusione
    7) JdN,
    8) Tatuaje (as much as i hate to admit it)
    9) Elogio
    10) DPG

im not sure they would need to sell anything else then.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    thats only 7 blends...
    1)Classic, 2)Aniversario, 3)Millennium, 4)Grand Cru, 5)Special and 6)Thousand Series, 7) OpusX.

only 2 brands

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    danielzreyes:
    thats only 7 blends...
    1)Classic, 2)Aniversario, 3)Millennium, 4)Grand Cru, 5)Special and 6)Thousand Series, 7) OpusX.

only 2 brands

Let's stick with blends. Avo Classic, Avo XO, MF
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    Thanks guys. A little back story to the question.

The owner of my B&M has asked me to help select some new stock for his humidor. We have become pretty good friends and have similar pallets. I told him to give me a few days to think it over.

I have talked to him about Davidoff, however he said they require a substantial financial commitment. Somewhere in the 45K plus having to commit to ordering so much a month.

I have heard many people talk about the illusion, I have never seen these. Do they have many choices? Same with Viaje.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the "damn internet" guy at Ye Olde Pipe Shop carried any 5 of those listed so far I would probably go back in his store.
  • Options
    curtiscr79:
    Thanks guys. A little back story to the question.

The owner of my B&M has asked me to help select some new stock for his humidor. We have become pretty good friends and have similar pallets. I told him to give me a few days to think it over.

I have talked to him about Davidoff, however he said they require a substantial financial commitment. Somewhere in the 45K plus having to commit to ordering so much a month.

I have heard many people talk about the illusion, I have never seen these. Do they have many choices? Same with Viaje.
    not only does Davidoff require a financial commitment both to start out and continue but as a business owner you dont get to choose Davidoff. Davidoff chooses you. if you dont make the cut... well, no Davidoff for you.

Illusione has a large selection. they take up a substantial area in my local B&M.

Viaje has a strange selecion. they do not have a "regular" line. every one of their cigars is a limited edition. they take up little room but they bring in people hunting rarities down.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    See if he can get Regius. They are so limited right now it might drum up some biz, even if they aren't as sought after as Viaje seems to be.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I think the la paulina line would be good too have in stock
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I will see what we can get a hold of so we can give them a try. I talked to him about it yesterday and I think a few of the members are going to put a tasting panel together to give him some recommendations. Of course he will have the final "say so", it is his store, however he truly values our opinion.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    read the question wrong at first.....i would have him look into the House of Emilio boutique products. All those guys are ok with buying smaller amounts of product at first and all are quality cigars.
  • Options
    brianetz1:
    read the question wrong at first.....i would have him look into the House of Emilio boutique products. All those guys are ok with buying smaller amounts of product at first and all are quality cigars.

You are correct and he carries most of what they offer. He has the Emilio AF1, AF2, Melete, La Musa Mousa, Ezra Zion, and Nomad. He doesn't carry every size of each, however he has at least a couple of each.