Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Saint Joseph's Wort

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
At anchor one afternoon in Noumea I heard tiny knuckles rap Eurydice's waterline. I popped out the companion and looked overside. There swam a naked girl. They're French, down there, in New Caledonia; so they swim naked.
"May I come aboard?"
"There's a ladder made of cleats fastened to the rudder." I replied. Thinking quickly, I added: "I'm doing dishes. I'll be below."
It seemed good policy, if you are going to have naked women board your schooner, to maneuver them below. Sure enough, a bit later, feeling neglected on deck, she popped below.

I have thought hard on the subject, but I cannot remember her name. Other things about her which I cannot name I can remember; but not her name. I can tell you this about her: first gal I ever met with a piercing where it ought not be, this gal taught me the value of garnish.

How? A pair of sweats later we paused for dinner. I rowed her to a fine restaurant. Half a bottle of Pouilly-Fuiss
“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonderful. Wonderful!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always a good read from you, Davis.
    Very cool gift Walt - definitely unique, and some nice cigars in there too.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    As usual... a very entertaining read.

As for the the little rug... doilies... it's a coaster. Borderland style. ;-)

Enjoy, my friend, and live in the wind when you can.
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BRAVO!!!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Enjoyable reading as always, thanks
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    Great read Davis, I always enjoy!!!!
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    hah, great story!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    That's one of the most original passages I have read in a long time.. Very nice.
  • ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Posts: 392
    Do you raise parsley now? Great read thanks!