Home General Discussion

Awesome news!

Hey guys, I know I don't post here often but I just got so super exciting news! I am going to be a father for the first time! I just had to tell someone. I also need your guys expertise's, I would like some recommendations from you guys. 1st any recommendations for a great cigar to celebrate this awesome occasion? 2nd I would like to do something like Ken did I believe, buy a box to celebrate on his/her birthday each year. 3rd I would like some recommendations on a box of cigars to celebrate with family and friends, none of my family or friends are cigar smokers however so the box would have to be on the mild side. The 4th item has to do with a friend. I am looking for a box of cigars to bring to a bachelor party, once again none of them smoke cigars. Thanks for the help guys.

Comments

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, Congratulations. New father myself and it is an awesome experience. 1, 2, 3, and 4. Give the guys/girls at ccom a call. I could give you my recommendations, but we may not have the same taste and I would not want to ruin that special moment for you. Give them a call and tell them what you like and what you are looking for. They will put something together for you which will amaze you. Best service in the business.
  • rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    Congratulations Paul! My son is 3 now but I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. If your budget allows I would grab an Opus X or Padron Family Reserve to celebrate.
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    1. Padron Anny something or Opus with age or check the "luxury collection"
    2. Something that will age well...DPG Blue? Opus? Lots of possibilities. Maybe a My Father something or other, even though you're the father...
    3.Stick with a Connecticut wrapper, but don't cheap out too much. 5 Vegas Gold or CAO Gold for a middle-price ($5-$6), CCOM American for something cheaper, or one of my favorites, the Oliva Connecticut Reserve (also in the $6 range for Robustos).
    4. See (3). The same applies.

And congrats!

ETA: for the party in point (4), you might want to consider a "name". Something like Padron or Cohiba, but I wouldn't shell out for their most premium sticks for this event.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! If only I had smoked 21 years ago when mine was born. My "cigar" would've been something totally different. LOL
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!! I think this is the time you buy a nice box and smoke one every year and when he or she hits 18 smoke one with them
    Money can't buy taste
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to u, and go with My Father line, just seems right.
  • 11rocket1111rocket11 Posts: 138
    Thank you all for the kind words. I will look into your suggestions. I always wanted to try the My Father line. I guess nows a great time for it.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats bucko! Enjoy the experience
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Your if for a ride now. Congrats man. Fatherhood is an amazing experience.
    One God, One Truth
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations...you life just started over.

I have 2 grand kids.....anyone wanna trade..?
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Congrats man! My first is about to turn 2 months, it's amazing! Also something in the water around here or what?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! Lucky Guy!
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!! Savor each and every day!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?