Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Camping!

WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
We are going camping this weekend! We'll head out to Big Bend National Forest on Saturday and return Monday. Live in a tent for couple nights. Do some hiking. Take in the breath taking views. I love it down there.

Of course that means I have to begin the arduous task of picking out WHAT sticks to smoke while I'm there. I know it's only for 2 nights, and that should call for 2 cigars, however, just like you can't just ship out 2 cigars in a small flat rate box (I mean, you could... but would you? Heck no!). I suppose I could bring two single finger tubes, but I'd rather bring the 10-pack herfador. Like Goerge Carlin would've said, a smaller version of my stuff.

Comments

• Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Sounds fantastic Walt, please take a few snaps, I would love to see the breath-taking views!!!
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    We are going camping this weekend! We'll head out to Big Bend National Forest on Saturday and return Monday. Live in a tent for couple nights. Do some hiking. Take in the breath taking views. I love it down there.

Of course that means I have to begin the arduous task of picking out WHAT sticks to smoke while I'm there. I know it's only for 2 nights, and that should call for 2 cigars, however, just like you can't just ship out 2 cigars in a small flat rate box (I mean, you could... but would you? Heck no!). I suppose I could bring two single finger tubes, but I'd rather bring the 10-pack herfador. Like Goerge Carlin would've said, a smaller version of my stuff.
    Have fun! I love camping and my sweet just said she'd try with me. Can't wait for the summer.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love those black plastic telescoping tubes when I go motorcycle camping. Bulletproof. Pack anywhere. Keep a cigar in perfect condition.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool! Have a great time and watch out for bears....have a safe trip brother.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't been camping in years and really miss it!! Just being one with nature and having a fresh fish fry god it's bliss! Plus a stogie damn life is good!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    For a biker... a Friday afternoon can't get much better than this... preparing for Saturday's ride, enjoying a brew and smoking a cigar! Gotta get it nice and shiny...

• Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    For a biker... a Friday afternoon can't get much better than this... preparing for Saturday's ride, enjoying a brew and smoking a cigar! Gotta get it nice and shiny...

that fellas...is my hero
  • Options
    The micro version of my stuff:

Also, on the lower level are some hoya excalibur minis. For those little breaks.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How'd the camp trip go? Got pics?

Had my eye on a ride down the Blue Ridge Parkway to a camping trip in Tellicoe Plains last weekend of this month. But the way things have been, there'll prolly still be ice on the Ridge. Certainly at Mt. Pisgah.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    First day was horrible. Bad winds. Cold. 2nd day was good after the morning. Got some good hiking in. Beautiful pictures. Day 3 was beautiful and that was just riding home. I'll post pics here when I get a chance later. Or if one were to look for me on FaceBook (Walter Basil and friend request me) You can see them all in my Big Bend 2014 album.
  • Options
    WaltBasil:
    First day was horrible. Bad winds. Cold. 2nd day was good after the morning. Got some good hiking in. Beautiful pictures. Day 3 was beautiful and that was just riding home. I'll post pics here when I get a chance later. Or if one were to look for me on FaceBook (Walter Basil and friend request me) You can see them all in my Big Bend 2014 album.
    Cool. I will hit your FB up
  • Options
    Pictures...
    Me leaving El Paso
    This is what we call The Willie Nelson Rest Stop. The checkpoint he always gets arrested at for having some of the devil's weed. You think He'd learn.
    Our tent set up
    Me and my wife, Carol, at Santa Elena Canyon
    This gives you an idea of the shear size of this canyon. There is a canoe in the river
  • Options
    Pics look great Walt, ty for sharing bro!
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great pics...thanks for sharing!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Thats amazing walt! Looks like a damn fun trip!

Aj
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. I am jealous.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Awesome pics!
  • Options
    SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Great pics! Looks like an awesome camping trip.